PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Benita84
Fri, Apr-27-12, 10:03
Hi, My name is Angie and I'm a carb addict :D

Sorry if my eglish is a litte weird but I moved here two years ago from Germany so please be nice even though it's not perfect :lol:

Nothing made me happier than Sweets (Cakes, cupcakes, Brownies, Twizzlers, Icecream,...), Noodles, Pizza etc.

I've never been FAT but not really skinny either. I'm really active (I'm a dogwalker), spend a lot of time outdoors with my hubby and our dog and like to work out at the gym. I would say that I work out 4-6 times a week. You would think, wow that's a lot of exercise so how can somebody be too heavy with a lifestyle like that?

Well I kept asking myself the same thing for a while now. I even told the Fat to find it's way to my boobs or to get the hell out of my body but it wouldn't listen :p It seemd to be stuck on my body.

Now that I know how many carbs I used to eat everyday - no wonder I couldn't loose weight! I ate between 300 and 500g carbs a day! Yes I love to eat - a lot :D

Since I started a low carb diet 3 weeks ago I lost 4 pounds so far. I try to stay under 100g a day and it works out pretty good. It's still really hard for me since I was so use to eating Pizza (not a slice but 1/2 or even the whole pizza). I'm at 141 lbs right now and would like to loose 6 more pounds.

becky7474
Fri, Apr-27-12, 10:28
Welcome! :wave:

Solomia
Fri, Apr-27-12, 11:02
Hello everyone! I'm new and I am trying to find "zero carb bread recipe" ... supposedly using organic gluten free oat fiber is the miracle ingredient... any advice how to find this, bake this, post this somewhere?

Benita84
Fri, Apr-27-12, 17:18
Welcome! :wave:

Thank you! :)

patriciakr
Fri, Apr-27-12, 18:52
Welcome! :)

mviesprite
Fri, Apr-27-12, 21:24
" I am trying to find "zero carb bread recipe" ... supposedly using organic gluten free oat fiber is the miracle ingredient... any advice how to find this, bake this, post this somewhere?"

Hi Solomia and welcome -I would post this over in Newbie questions - there are recipes threads but I am still learning what is where even though I've been here a couple months...
Kat

mviesprite
Fri, Apr-27-12, 21:27
Hello Benita84!
Welcome - I do a lot of house/pet sitting (my second job) - I can relate! And I loved pizza - there are wonderful LC versions of pizza we can make. Congrats on your 4 lbs - I am sure you won't have any trouble taking off the last few. There are lots of good suggestions and support here - whether you are just looking at 6 lbs or 106 - we are all trying to accomplish pretty much the same thing.
Kat

Benita84
Sat, Apr-28-12, 07:44
Hello Benita84!
Welcome - I do a lot of house/pet sitting (my second job) - I can relate! And I loved pizza - there are wonderful LC versions of pizza we can make. Congrats on your 4 lbs - I am sure you won't have any trouble taking off the last few. There are lots of good suggestions and support here - whether you are just looking at 6 lbs or 106 - we are all trying to accomplish pretty much the same thing.
Kat

Thanks Kat! Isn't petsitting the best job ever? :) I can't wait to try some low carb pizzas! Miss pasta though so I tried the yellow squash version and I loved it! Got a raw cheesecake recipe from a friend yesterday. Think I'll post it in the dessert categorie :)

Kelly_L
Sat, Apr-28-12, 09:14
Hi Angie, Willkommen:wave:

mviesprite
Sat, Apr-28-12, 13:48
"Isn't petsitting the best job ever? :) I can't wait to try some low carb pizzas! Miss pasta though so I tried the yellow squash version and I loved it! Got a raw cheesecake recipe from a friend yesterday. Think I'll post it in the dessert categorie "

It is! I have a cat who is very tolerant of my coming and going - it allows me to have so many "pets" - I love dogs but I can't commit to being a mother - it's just like having a child. I am not home enough, either. I would love to see the cheesecake recipe.
Kat