PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am bob!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

canbob1
Fri, Apr-20-12, 14:53
Hi!

my name is Bob and i want to lose 40 pounds (may be even more). I read about Atkins diet and want give a try. I am from Stamford.

Is anyone can tell me is Atkins good diet or not?

Best Regards,
Bob

pinkclouds
Fri, Apr-20-12, 15:00
Atkins is an AWESOME diet! Have you read any of the Atkins books? If you prepare yourself well and follow the rules, I bet you will be amazed at the results. :)

Aradasky
Fri, Apr-20-12, 15:04
And there is so much really good stuff to eat! You will be amazed.

I've lost 50 lbs since the end of August.

mesmerize
Fri, Apr-20-12, 15:06
If you like Meat, Like I like meat.... Then this is the way of life for you. You are never hungry and you will have energy up the roof. Stick with it and don't give up under pressure this is a WOL not a diet.

becky7474
Fri, Apr-20-12, 15:25
Welcome! :wave:

Atkins is a great way of eating. :cool:

Neanderpam
Fri, Apr-20-12, 17:34
I started Atkins '72 (along with reading Protein Power by Dr. Michael Eades, another lowcarb diet) in 2000, and here I am. Been maintaining my weight loss (lowcarb for life) ever since...my lipid panel is stellar and I feel so much better.

I'd say as a way of eating for life...it's one of the best. Welcome to the boards!

mviesprite
Sun, Apr-22-12, 00:08
Hello and welcome. I am not on Atkins but I'd say most of this site are Atkins people and their success rate is amazing. They are right - get the book and follow it.
Good luck!
Kat

LoriJ1782
Tue, Apr-24-12, 06:10
Hello and welcome! This forum is a wonderful place as you'll soon see! :)

Atkins is an AMAZING diet. So many delicious choices and sooooo many health benefits, many of which you'll notice very soon :)