PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sausages
Wed, Apr-18-12, 12:24
Hi there

I've been lurking for a while now but thought I might bite the bullet.

I started LC after Christmas and lost virtually nothing (5lbs in 7 weeks). It was strange as a couple of years ago I lost over 2stone just cutting out white carbs and sugar.

After a week off I have started on strict Atkins and am on day 3 and suffering sugar and caffine withdrawn a bit but I'll get through it.

Anyway enough about me, pleased to meet you all

mainecyn
Wed, Apr-18-12, 12:26
Welcome to the board.

It can get frustrating. I am unsure of your menu, so hard to tell why you are having a "slower" weight loss. I know I dropped lbs very fast and alot of them during the first try with Atkins. It slowed down, painstakingly, the second time.

Sausages
Wed, Apr-18-12, 13:42
This is my third go at it, but spread over 10 years. My attempt after Christmas was a bit half hearted as I didn't give up alcohol and caffeine.

I've just ordered a load of Atkins bars off the Internet, so much cheaper than in the shops!

kxg
Wed, Apr-18-12, 13:59
Our situation is about the same. I lost 6 or so pounds in 2 months. I did quit smoking in January so thinking maybe that has something to do with it. I did Atkins in the past and lost 40 pounds, but this was 8 years ago and I had a lot more to lose. How is cutting out coffee going for you? I think maybe I should skip the coffee, but I just really don't want to : )

Sausages
Thu, Apr-19-12, 12:03
Well I've gone onto decaf and it isn't too bad, I allow myself a couple of cups of tea, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Massive sugar cravings today..

I put on over a stone when I gave up smoking so to lose 6lbs is doing really well :thup:

mviesprite
Thu, Apr-19-12, 20:47
Welcome new people! I hope you feel better getting over your caffeine withdrawal - I went thru it..just planned on being ill over a weekend and then I was fine. I switched to decaf and really miss the variety of high octane coffee - they don't make as many blends with decaf - but I still like to mix my own. I am satisfied with it.
I'm not on Atkins, but LC in general - the sugar cravings will stop. I try to have the yummiest thing I can think of on hand. That would be bacon for me! If I have bacon then I'm good. So I do make it ahead and take some with me to work to grab a pc when I am facing serious temptation.
Kat