PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the Beach!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Luckyk26
Tue, Apr-17-12, 08:56
Hi Everyone! My name is Kelly and I just started Atkins yesterday (the 16th). I have done it very successfully about 10 years ago (lost 45 lbs in three months) and then I’m not sure what happened. Oh wait, yes I do, I got married, had a daughter and got divorced. So now I’m heavier than I’ve ever been and not happy. There is nothing more heartbreaking then heaving to tell your three and a half year old, “Sorry Mommy can’t play right now cause she’s too tired”. That look will kill you. In December we moved into a new place right on the Delaware Bay (the beach is my backyard) and I really don’t want to spend the summer hiding in the house. I know I’m getting a late start for that one, but at least I will feel better this summer. My turning pojnt was getting out the shower the other day I decided to use a bath towel to gauge just how round I am and after seeing that reality I sat in the bathroom and cried. So basically I’m here to stay and any support (because I get unmotivated very quickly) you guys could offer I would greatly appreciate. Thanks and I look forward to reading!

pinkclouds
Tue, Apr-17-12, 09:03
Hi Kelly!
You are indeed lucky you get to live at the beach!!! (so jealous!)
I have alot in common with you, and I'm here to tell you that you can do this! I lost over 65lbs on Atkins the first time, and gained about 35 of it back from being on and off plan. A little over 4 months ago, I started over, weighing and feeling much the same way you do, and I've been able to lose 28 of those pounds so far and I feel fantastic!

You can do this. You need to put yourself first. I know how hard it is to do that without feeling selfish and especially with a small child. But remember to tell yourself that you are taking care of you so that you can take better care of her too.

You want to play on the beach with your daughter this summer and have energy and be happy right? That is a GREAT motivator!

Best wishes!

katyw8y
Tue, Apr-17-12, 09:13
Welcome Kelly :wave:
Summer is always a great motivator and living by the beach has got to help even more!!
I now what it is to sit and cry about what we have let happen, but we are strong and can take control. I have gained back most of what I had lost too but we can't let that stop us.

Onward and Downward!! :lol: :lol:

There is tons of great help here! I read the success stories to motivate me, I think that they are people just like me and made a decision to keep going and not giving up! We can do this!! :agree:

I always tell myself to pull up my big girl panties and get over the pity party! If I want a change I am the only one that can do it for me!!

Enjoy the ride!
Katie

becky7474
Tue, Apr-17-12, 09:40
Welcome!! :wave:

Walking on the beach is great exercise ;) :D

FairyWren
Tue, Apr-17-12, 10:12
Hi Kelly and welcome!

Good luck with re-discovering Atkins - many of us have been down the road of losing our weight then having those carbs creep back in and the weight going back on.

I live not far from a beach too :)

lovemypets
Tue, Apr-17-12, 10:35
:wave: Hi there Kelly

The beach? Love it!!!!! :)
One thing on this site that really helped me stay motivated was the 5 pound challenge
It's just 5 pounds at a time
Here is a link to the current challenge if you're interested
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=441268&page=3

Hope to see you around ;)

LRU_xcmom
Tue, Apr-17-12, 10:47
Hi Lucky....
I have such a similar story...minus the divorce. Perhaps we can lean on one another during this journey as it seems we have a very similar road ahead! Best of luck!