PDA

View Full Version : Hi...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LadySage
Mon, Apr-16-12, 15:00
Hi...I'm a long time low carber..am now following Atkins which I've done several times, now want to make the Atkins way a permanent way of life! I'm very sensitive to carbs and have never been able to go over 20 gms./day, have only 10 lb. to lose now to get to goal, having lost 10 already albeit very slowly. Due to neck issues and subsequent surgery 2 mo. ago I haven't been able to exercise in the last 6 mo., hence the 20 lb. wt. gain. Finding that balance of critical carb level is difficult for me right now and continuing to feel well with this way of eating has been a struggle but I'm hanging in there. I keep telling myself it shouldn't be an issue and I'm confident I'll find that food plan with my 20 gms. daily that works for me so I can continue to lose and then maintain. Looking forward to getting to maintenance and increasing my exercise. The two foods I'm anxious to add back to my daily plan are almonds or pistachios and berries..mm..Would like to hear from any others like me with such a strict sensitivity to carbs and not much wt. to lose! :wave:

becky7474
Mon, Apr-16-12, 16:38
Welcome!! :wave:

mviesprite
Mon, Apr-16-12, 22:02
Hi Meg!!! (If you aren't Meg, sorry! but I think you are) - it's Kat :) So glad to see you here, and welcome! How are you?
I've been ill but didn't forget about you.
Kat

LadySage
Tue, Apr-17-12, 19:19
hi Kat! It's me! I'm still getting to know this site, it's so big and so much good info. I'm still on the fence about continuing Atkins...not losing very quickly but sticking to plan. I miss SS'ing cuz I like the fuel food in the mornings and the food combining benefits! I'm sticking to Atkins for a while longer and it wouldn't be that much different from Atkins to switch back to SS'ing, just making my breakfasts with a bigger alottment of carbs and the rest of my days' meals and snacks low carb. How are you doing? Hope you're feeling better soon,
xox
Meg

mviesprite
Wed, Apr-18-12, 22:38
Meg, not doing so well but I want to do well. New antibiotics which have eliminated dairy for 10 days and I have to take them on an empty stomach... planning! I am toying with doing Atkins but I think it may be too much right now. SS works beautifully when I'm doing it!!!! But, you have a lot of knowledge from both plans, you can work it! I am beginning to get a little freaked about the surgery but it will be all right.
How are you feeling?
Kat

LadySage
Thu, Apr-19-12, 10:12
Hey Kat, Well, you have a lot on your plate right now and facing surgery soon takes so much energy...believe me, I know...I'm impatient with my recovery and the last few days I've felt horrible because I start to do too much and then I pay for it with my neck and shoulder muscles hurting so bad. Don't beat yourself up about not being able to stick to your food plan perfectly right now, k? After 3 tries with Atkins I went back to SS'ing yesterday and I already feel better, actually lost a couple of lb. this morning. I was just struggling with Atkins, had to stay on Induction because of my carb sensitivity and 3 wks. in on this try I was just feeling awful. I'm back to my fruit, then oatmeal/FF milk for breakfast and rest of the day low carb, also added seed oil dose to a zero carb protein shake for a snack and I think that is helping me feel like I have more energy and less achiness, stopped the fish oil. Hang in there Kat and concentrate on your upcoming surgery and recovery, you'll get back on track. You know as well as I do that SS'ing really works if we just stick to it and if you get your food groups and protein in it's a good plan for your body and your recovery. I switched to Atkins thinking I would get a good jump start on this pesky 10 lb. but it just didn't work for me. Stay in touch and big hugs, :)

LadySage
Thu, Apr-19-12, 10:25
double message

LadySage
Thu, Apr-19-12, 13:29
Thanks Becky7474 for the welcome! Congrats on your wt. loss so far with Atkins! I love doing Atkins and am glad it works for you! I switched back to another FC/low carb plan I've done for years after 3 tries with Atkins and having done it when I was much younger because for some reason I wasn't successful this time, just had to try it again but feel better back to my old plan and Somersizing is so 2nd nature for me. Good luck with your future wt. loss!

mviesprite
Thu, Apr-19-12, 18:58
Aw Meg, ya I hear ya on overdoing it when you start to feel better and you want to DO things! Take it easy. Yes, I really love the SS plan. I am going to get gung ho about it again. We can do it together! I got a book out at the library called Vegan Planet and there are many recipes already that I am converting in my head to SS - I am going to get it. I'd like to do a Vegan meal once a week (I was vegetarian for 3 yrs)- I don't see myself going back but I do mostly vegetarian anyway. So I am feeling inspired to cook and try new recipes.
Thank you, I am just concentrating on me now and trying to get my health on track - this sinus thing has really taken a lot of stuffing out of me but feeling better today.
Kat