PDA

View Full Version : Protein powder shakes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Penski
Wed, Apr-11-12, 04:14
Hi guys

I'm starting my diet with a two week protein diet. I am having a food supplement for breakfast and one for lunch, nuts in between and then an evening meal of chicken or fish salad.

I'm also taking vitamins for women and potassium.

The shakes I'm using are from Holland And Barrett - they're Whey Milk and Egg shakes.

I hope just two weeks will be ok. I need a kick start as I've put on two stone in a year and hate it.

Surely this diet is better than eating loads, no exercise, lots of wine and smoking???

Opinions appreciated, though positive ones would be appreciated, lol.

Solidadund
Wed, Apr-11-12, 05:08
How many carbs are in the shakes? If you are limiting carbs, your proposed diet should work but is there some reason you aren't doing induction? It would be easier to stick to and more easily segue into an ongoing weight loss diet.

The other problem is if you want to keep weight off for good, you will need to change your way of eating, not just diet.

Have your read Dr Atkins new diet revolution? If not, I highly recommend it.

Good luck.

peauk
Wed, Apr-11-12, 05:30
I agree, much better doing an induction and changing your way of eating rather than a "diet" you can't live forever on protein shakes & salad. However you can change your whole way of eating for life with Atkins.
I do use protein shakes as my breakfast, made with coconut milk not cows milk. Holland & Barrett protein shakes are not the best tasting either!
You can get a used bOok from amazon for a couple of pounds.

Kirsteen
Wed, Apr-11-12, 06:56
Yes, I agree with the previous two posters. I replied into your newbie thread to say that:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=441294

tho I am far more long-winded, lol.