PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

autodidact
Sun, Apr-08-12, 22:48
Hi there, I have finally joined you all!

I have read and lurked for over a year, and I have finally joined!

I am almost 50 (in October) 5'7", I run my own business from home, I am the mum of 3, 2 grown and flown and one still at school. I live in Christchurch, New Zealand.

I started seriously low-carbing in January 2011. I do my own version, rather than follow any one plan. I have read lots of books, including Atkins, Good calories, Bad Calories, Trick and Treat, Life without Bread, and lots and lots of posts here, and on other forums. I am also a member of 3 fat chicks, with the same username.

I have lost about 40 pounds so far, and have recently taken up running...which 6 weeks in I have discovered I love!

I recently decided to write my story down, so I have started a blog! :lol: This feels very funny to me, writing about my weight loss and why this time it has been different...but I have been so inspired by others stories, I thought I would write mine down. I have only just started this process, so if you do pop into see me, please check back later for the next bit. And please say hello while you are there! :wave:

Auto

becky7474
Mon, Apr-09-12, 07:20
Welcome!! :wave:

nanak
Mon, Apr-09-12, 08:02
WELCOME Auto!! :wave:
So glad to have you join us!! This is an AMAZING site with WONDERFUL people who know the struggles of losing weight and maintaining that loss.
I've been active here 3 different times and have managed to lose some weight but haven't ever reached my goal!
THIS TIME I WILL!!
Again, WELCOME! And come see me in my journal sometime.

Karen :daizy:

mviesprite
Mon, Apr-09-12, 22:34
Welcome! Good girl, losing 40 lbs, and glad you've stepped into the light after lurking LOL. It's a wonderful site and you can be an inspiration to us too with your success!
Kat