PDA

View Full Version : Finally Getting Started For Real

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Shirlangel
Sun, Apr-08-12, 02:38
Hi, :wave:

I've been flirting with going low carb for years and read books about it and tried some low carb every now and then but didn't stick to it even though I enjoyed it. I have come to the realization that there is no way around it. Low carb is the best thing for me so I want to do low carb for life.

I have a family history of diabetes and heart issues and figure I better get going and get myself healthier while I'm in my 40s. It took me a while to get here but I've finally opened my eyes and am getting on track.I'm tired of the scale, blood pressure, and cholesterol numbers going up. I want the numbers to go down. I want to feel better, look better and be healthier.

So I'm hoping that joining these forums will help keep me focused in changing my eating habits to low carb so I can stick with it for life and not be lured back to my old ways of eating lots of potatoes, pasta, sugar, and other carbs that only bring more complications to my life.

mio1996
Sun, Apr-08-12, 05:57
:wave: Welcome to the forums! There are lots of knowledgeable and supportive folks here! Just stick with it, you won't regret it!

becky7474
Sun, Apr-08-12, 08:08
Welcome!! :wave:

mviesprite
Sun, Apr-08-12, 22:10
Hello! You will definitely find support and information here. It's a great site. Starting a journal will help you too, because people visit and you can visit as well. I am reading a few very inspiring journals right now.
Kat