PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Low-carb sisters and brothers!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ida1
Fri, Apr-06-12, 15:03
Hi Low-Carb sisters and brothers!

I am so happy to be joining the forum. I have been living a low-carb lifestyle for the past 11 years, starting in April of 2001. It took about 6 months to lose about 40 pounds and drop from a size 14 to a size 6. I have stayed the same size since then. I currently limit my net carbs to about 20 grams, and I eat lots of green vegetables, protein, and healthy fats. I am co-author of the book, Thin and Thinner, which explains how my daughter and I have been able to stick with a low-carb plan and never gain the weight back. I enjoy trying new low-carb recipes in the kitchen. I have been teaching for 25 years, now dodging cupcakes left and right! And, I use my husband and live-in parents as guinea pigs for all of the recipes I try. And, yes--they are happy and still alive!

Ida1 (co-author of Thin and Thinner)

Judynyc
Fri, Apr-06-12, 16:30
Welcome! :wave:

Congrats on your long term maintenance success!! :thup:

becky7474
Fri, Apr-06-12, 16:32
Welcome!! :wave:

Goat Lady
Fri, Apr-06-12, 16:53
Welcome! So glad to have you here!

Ida1
Fri, Apr-06-12, 18:58
Hi Judy! Thanks for the welcome! Congrats on your long-term maintenance, too!

Ida1
Fri, Apr-06-12, 19:00
Hi Becky, Thank you for the welcome! It is so good to be a part of this group.

Ida1
Fri, Apr-06-12, 19:04
Hi Shelley, It sounds like you are quite busy with the 2 kids, 2 dogs, a rabbit, a fist, not to mention the hot hubby! Congrats on being smoke-free. That takes great strength and determination.

pinkclouds
Fri, Apr-06-12, 19:33
Welcome! Good to "meet" you. :) I hope to learn a lot from you!

Labhrain
Fri, Apr-06-12, 20:11
Hello, Ida, and welcome!

robynsnest
Fri, Apr-06-12, 21:50
Welcome Ida!! Any advice would be much appreciated, just starting this difficult journey!!

Ida1
Sat, Apr-07-12, 08:37
Hi Pink Clouds! Thanks for the welcome! I am looking forward to learning from you, too!

Ida1
Sat, Apr-07-12, 08:39
Hi Labhrain! Thanks for the welcome! Love your Avatar!

Ida (co-author of Thin and Thinner)

Ida1
Sat, Apr-07-12, 08:48
Hi Robyn,
So glad you have embarked on the journey. Low-carb was truly life changing for me. With it being a life style, I no longer have to "diet". It is just a way of life. Everything that I eat tastes delicious, and I eat until I am full. So, I am never hungry. I know that you have the strength and determination to do this. With being smoke-free for two years, you have already done much to improve your health and life. There are so many delicious recipes with great substitutions for things to eat that are low-carb. It can really be a fun and exciting experience. If you have any questions, please ask. I know you can do this and enjoy the journey! Thank you for your kind welcome.

mviesprite
Sun, Apr-08-12, 22:17
Hello Ida and glad you are with us! Excellent progress you've made, I would love to read your book. It's stories like yours that are very inspiring.
Kat

Ida1
Tue, Apr-10-12, 20:51
Hi Kat, Thank you for the welcome! Emily and I would be very honored if you read Thin and Thinner. We are hoping that it will serve to help many in our low-carb community be able to stick with low-carb for life. Would love to hear what you think of it!

patriciakr
Tue, Apr-10-12, 21:33
Welcome, I look forward to getting to know you better.

Ida1
Wed, Apr-11-12, 10:55
Thank you for the welcome, Patricia! I love your motto!!