PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

stephonice
Sun, Apr-01-12, 12:30
Hello Everyone

My name is Lynne, I was 50 two days ago and am determined to be at my goal weight by the time I am 51 so I have exactly 363 days to get my act together :lol:

I am married for 19 years nearly, have a 17 year old daughter at college. I work away from home every week so spend half my week in East Yorkshire where I live and half the week in Tamworth in Staffordshire where I work - I live in hotels when I am away so I do have tough challenges with my food choices.

Looking forward to meeting everyone ;)

Kirsteen
Sun, Apr-01-12, 13:24
Hi there - good luck with the diet. At least you get a nice big cooked breakfast in UK hotels - a great start to a low carb day. I'm in Edinburgh.

Your goal of being at target in a year is a wee bit optimistic, but you should certainly be looking a lot more trim by then. People lose between 1-2lb a week if they are lucky, but some take longer to lose, and some extremely overweight men do experience plummeting weights, but they are a small minority. The rest of us have to slog it out ounce by ounce. Atkins diet is great though. The food is wonderful and so tasty.

Good luck.

becky7474
Sun, Apr-01-12, 15:35
Welcome!! :wave:

mviesprite
Sun, Apr-01-12, 20:17
Hello across the pond!
You will find wonderful support here! I am sure there are many people who end up eating out a lot who are successfully low carbing - this site is full of information.
Good luck!
Kat

dmoffett
Sun, Apr-01-12, 22:46
Hi Lynne.
I'm 57 now. I've been living the low carb lifestyle for 2 years now. I've lost 155 pounds. I've learned that you don't want to lose too fast. No more than 2 to 3 pounds a week. Anymore and you have the problem of lose skin. Take it easy. Check out my before and now pics. It can be done, just takes time.

Welcome.

Dan