PDA

View Full Version : Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

num1shorty
Thu, Mar-29-12, 11:13
MMMmmm.. Hows it taste so good and be 0 carbs?

How did they get it to taste like cherry w/o carbs?

The hardest part of LC is I miss juice. Water all day drives me nuts, so, I was happy to add some diet cherry soda to the mix. Its not my main drink but, sure feels like a treat :)

MandalayVA
Thu, Mar-29-12, 11:14
MMMmmm.. Hows it taste so good and be 0 carbs?

How did they get it to taste like cherry w/o carbs?

Chemicals. :D

num1shorty
Thu, Mar-29-12, 11:22
Chemicals. :D
:(
o well.... still tastes good.........

Amanda1978
Thu, Mar-29-12, 11:23
I drink the diet Oceanspray cranberry and blueberry juices from time to time. It's only 2 carbs per cup so it isn't too bad. I don't drink it often though, a bottle of it would last me several months if I kept it to myself.

MicheleK
Thu, Mar-29-12, 12:03
:(
o well.... still tastes good.........

I gotta agree, it's good stuff!

:lol:

sexym2
Thu, Mar-29-12, 12:17
I use the Diet Cherry Pepsi to make my LC bar-B Q sause.

graciejean
Thu, Mar-29-12, 12:27
ok sexym2 where is your recipe,got to have it.Thanks

sexym2
Thu, Mar-29-12, 14:19
I don't know where I got this recipe from, if anyone knows it from somewhere please let me know!

LC Bar-B-Q sause

2 strips bacon
1 sm onion
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 small can tomatoe paste
12 oz diet soda
1/4 C low sugar ketchup
3T mustard
1 T worchester sause
1/2 C water

Cook the bacon till crispy. Let cool and crush well (I use food processor). Chop onion and finely chop it in the food processor also(unless you like chunks). add the rest of the ingrediants and bring to a boil, stir often. Turn down head and let simmer for 20 - 30 minutes till desired thickness.

You can add your own seasoning to get it the way you like it. I add basil, chilli powder and a touch of chives.

I've used regular diet pepsi, diet coke, diet root beer, Diet Dr Pepper and the vanilla version, but I think the Diet cherry Pepsi has worked the best and gives the best flavor.

Robin120
Thu, Mar-29-12, 18:23
i luuuurvvvvvvve diet wild cherry pepsi- not diet cherry coke, really- has to be pepsi :rolleyes:

sexym2
Thu, Mar-29-12, 19:28
Yes, there is a difference! I've been looking for an off brand of the Diet Cherry Pepsi, but havn't found anything yet. I love Diet A&W Root Beer also, I could drink that stuff all day.

They make a lot of stuff with pop, I've only used it with the bar-b-q sause though.

haviva
Thu, Mar-29-12, 23:55
I love diet cherry pepsi too. Unfortunately, the caffeine stalls my weight loss so I had to cut out pretty much all pop.

sexym2
Fri, Mar-30-12, 07:41
Caffiene doesn't seem to bother me, the ice cream and chips stall it me a lot more :nono: :bash:

Janknitz
Fri, Mar-30-12, 12:29
It tastes so great because Pepsi and Coca Cola spend MILLIONS of dollars on R & D to find additives that will make you crave more and more of this soda. They don't like the term "addicted to", but that's exactly what this corporation wants to have happen. That's their job and they do it VERY well.

I love sodas like that too (and very occasionally indulge) but now that I know more about these tactics, the less palatable they become to me, because companies like that will do almost ANYTHING to get you buying more, even to the great detriment of your health. Now when I drink a soda, I feel a little like a puppet on a string being manipulated by these companies.

madeyna
Fri, Mar-30-12, 12:56
Last month I bought a case each of all the flavored Diet Cokes. It sure made the month easier to get threw to have those different flavors to look forward to . I,ll have to try the Cherry Pepsi next time I am in town.

chicachyna
Sat, Mar-31-12, 09:02
I enjoy the diet cherry pepsi, too. I know it is chemical laden, but plain water gets old.

Nancy LC
Sat, Mar-31-12, 09:17
If you mix some unsweetened cranberry juice with sparkling water, club soda, something like that, maybe a wee bit of splenda or other sweetener, that can be pretty good too.

sexym2
Sat, Mar-31-12, 11:08
I've tried to just grab a bottle of any pop and chug it. Doesn't work, the carbonation bloats my stomach and hurts for several minutes. Major gas! :lol: The Diet A&W is the worst for that, but I love the stuff. No hint of diet what so ever.

Its a shame the stuff is so darn unhealthy.

madeyna
Sun, Apr-01-12, 12:04
I tried the diet cherry pepsi . Yum what a treat thank you to the origenal poster for giving us the heads up

LStump
Sun, Apr-01-12, 12:22
The Pepsi diet cherry always makes my breath smell like I've been drinking alcohol, even to other people! I have to be careful about drinking it and then driving. I'm terrified I'll be pulled over and the officer will think I've been drinking! lol but it does taste VERY good!

sexym2
Mon, Apr-02-12, 07:40
LOL! Get pulled over and prove him wrong, just because it smells like alcohol doesn't mean it is!

kayekaye12
Wed, Apr-04-12, 01:08
There is no way I can give up my diet pop. At least not now while I have given up every sweet and starch in the world. I don't even have it every day but it's the first thing on everyone's lips if I order it and I'm really tiring of it. Diet cola is bad for you, and meanwhile they all are eating the whole grains and starches and no meat getting sicker and sicker and can't figure it out.

This whole 'diet cola is evil' very much reminds me of any of the latest food "facts": margarine is better than butter, fats lead to heart disease, healthy whole grains are good for you...

I'm trying the BBQ sauce with Diet Cherry cola tomorrow, thanks!

Amanda1978
Wed, Apr-04-12, 09:28
We don't have flavored Coke or Pepsi here. :-(

Thankfully my mom lives minutes from the US border and has a small place in Florida so she crosses all the time. (Sometimes just to go to a little pizza place for lunch with friends from work.) I usually have a list of LC groceries we can't get here for her to pick up when she is in the US long enough. I'm going to add 1 Cherry Coke and 1 Cherry Pepsi to my evergrowing list. Thankfully I don't drink a lot of pop or use a whole lot of LC products but it's nice to have when I need a treat.

MandalayVA
Wed, Apr-04-12, 09:46
Doesn't this and other diet Pepsi products contain asparatame (NutraSweet), which per my research always gets bitter when cooked?

cah
Wed, Apr-04-12, 11:37
I tried the BBQ sauce last weekend on chicken. It was great! Even my husband and son loved it!

sexym2
Wed, Apr-04-12, 11:44
It doesn't get bitter when I use it in the sause. They say to use a diffent kind of sweetner in pop when cooking, but I don't remember what it is and can't find it anyway.

rosejamm
Wed, Apr-04-12, 16:53
I've tried quite a few diet sodas, but unfortunately none of them seem to taste as good as the non-diet version. Caffeine doesn't really bother me, it doesn't seem to have any effect on my weight loss process, but I can't allow all that sugar in my diet.

I wish I could find a diet soda I like, so far I'm just sticking to water and I add mint or a slice of lemon, orange or grapefruit in it.