PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

num1shorty
Tue, Mar-27-12, 09:26
Well, here we go again....

Hi Im Meredith, aka "shorty" since Im only 5ft tall.
Ive struggled with my weight since I was 19yrs old (I was always thin and active before that). I had my first child at that time and have never been able to keep my weight at a steady weight since then. According to medical charts for my size I should not be over 127. Im happy at around 135. I currently weigh 151 (as of this am). I lost in the last 2 months 12lbs. But, the weight loss has stagnated and I have decided to return to atkins.

Im getting married in August and Im due for my last fitting for size before dress is ordered at the end of may. Im hoping to loose the 15lbs in those 2months. (8lbs a month should be reasonable).

Ive got my eggs, Ive got my keto sticks, ive got a case of frozen chicken breasts in the freezer... Im ready to go. I guess what I needed was some support

So...
3/27/3012 Day 1: 151lbs

becky7474
Tue, Mar-27-12, 10:12
Welcome!! :wave:

I didn't see heavy cream, butter, and coconut oil on your list... :p

num1shorty
Tue, Mar-27-12, 10:38
haha, I have the butter, but no to the coconut and heavy cream

tragedian
Tue, Mar-27-12, 11:49
I love weddings! Congratulations! What does your dress look like? Oh god, im resisting my impulse to ask about your ceremony, bridal party, reception, decorations, food, cake, favors, invitations, and everything else under the sun, im OBSESSED with weddings!

Be careful with the white meat poultry, i made the mistake at the beginning of thinking lean meats were better, make sure if you go the lean meat route that you really pile on the fats. I was actually like "oh thank god" when people here told me to pick fatty meats, cus i actually hate chicken breast. Really don't like chicken, period, im a beef girl.

Aaaaasnd welcome home! You'll like it here. Good luck with your journey!

mviesprite
Tue, Mar-27-12, 21:52
Welcome! The support here has been great. It is really helping me a lot.
Congrats on your wedding! I love weddings too - they're just fun. (Tragedian, you're cracking me up! But I love all that too :)
Good luck, I am sure you'll make your goal.
Kat