PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone! From a CAD'er

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lori329
Wed, Mar-21-12, 08:58
I'm so excited to find a site with an active Carb Addict's Diet forum! I know that's not one of the most popular lower-carb diets (and some extreme low-carbers really put it down), but it's the one that works for me. I don't have the willpower to completely give up refined starches, or the genetics to be able to handle them unrestricted, so I have to eat them in a controlled way and CAD helps me do that.

A little history to bore you with: :) I started CAD in 2007, lost 17 lbs in 4 months and kept it off for a year by following the plan. Then my cholesterol levels jumped 25 points, so I switched to the CA Healthy Heart Program and also changed my daily low-carb meal to a high-protein vegan one with the help of Robin Robertson's "Carb Conscious Vegetarian" cookbook. This took care of the cholesterol problem, though I gained back a couple lbs -- but stayed steady at that weight for 1 year. Then I just got lazy :( and went back to eating whatever & whenever I wanted around Christmas 2010. Slowly gained back all but about 5 lbs of my original weight. I remembered how well CAD worked for me, how good I felt, and really, how easy it was to stick with -- so here I am again, on day 3 of my second try. I really plan to stick with it for life this time...it's so easy, there should be no excuses!!!

Anyway, hello everyone & happy low-carbing! :wave:

becky7474
Wed, Mar-21-12, 09:06
Welcome!! :wave:

patriciakr
Wed, Mar-21-12, 10:08
Welcome! I can't imagine doing something besides CALP because it works for me, and I'm going with what I can do :)

Drop by the Hour Power #4 thread..most of us hang out there :agree:

mviesprite
Fri, Mar-23-12, 22:32
Hello! I used to do CAD - I loved it. It was easy and fun, and it really helped me understand my carb sensitive body and how to deal with it. I had some success with it while I was on it, but fell off the wagon - the next time I tried it my reward meals turned into mini binges - so... I gained! But I keep their rules in mind as well as the plan I am on now, which I LOVE and is working well.
Good luck!

Lori329
Mon, Mar-26-12, 07:43
Thanks guys for the welcome! One week down on my second try at Carb Addicts, and so far so good. Best of luck to all of you as well!