PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hankypanky
Thu, May-09-02, 15:05
Hi my name is Lorie and I am starting on the Carb Addict's Diet. I read the book and it sounds just like me. I have an infertility problem called PCOS and also have type II diabetes. I have one lovely daughter and want more children, because of my weight and the PCOS having children is hard for me. I remarried four years ago and my husband and I would like to have a child together. I will be starting my diet on Monday and need alot of support and help. I have always been depressed and unhappy with my size, but seem unable to do anything about it. I feel like I'm running out of time. I will be having surgery around the middle of June because of the PCOS and want to lose some pounds before surgery and continue to loss after surgery. I hope to make many friends here and find support and help.

Lorie

HelloKitty
Thu, May-09-02, 15:11
Welcome, Lorie!

You've come to the right place for support, help and friendly people.

Good luck on your LC journey!!!

:wave:

Melissa

Atrsy
Thu, May-09-02, 15:34
What a cute name. I'm glad you found this forum. You are really going to be please with what you find here. When I first found it, I read everything I could, asked lots of questions and learned so much about low carbing. I was on low carb before Atkins even wrote his first book back in 1972.

Back in the mid 60's I was on what was called the Royal Canadian Air Force diet. I remember eating 6 eggs for lunch! :D This is the easiest way of life there is. The food is great and you are never hungry.

People on this forum are so well informed and willing to help. They have the patience of Jobe--believe me--they stuck with me when I was about ready to give up.

I hope to see your name around often. Feel free to read people's journals. It gives you great insight as to how they eat, how they exercise and how they face dissapointments that come along every once in a while.

hankypanky
Thu, May-09-02, 16:19
Thank you for the welcome. I will look and see what others are eating. I know it will help. I had the feeling I would be eating the same thing all the time. Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Lorie

PS. The name comes from my maiden name. I was called Hankypanky in school. It just sticks with me. HA HA