PDA

View Full Version : Dietrine?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lmg607
Tue, Mar-13-12, 10:39
Hello,

I'm new to Atkins. It's my fourth day, and I have a question about Dietrine. Do you need to use it?

cnmLisa
Tue, Mar-13-12, 10:48
??????

Can you tell us what it is?

Just from the name I would have to assume it's some over the counter diet aid/fat burner/miracle in a capsule.

Personally I would save your money. Eat real food. Follow the plan. Practice patience.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

Labhrain
Tue, Mar-13-12, 10:55
Do you need to use it? No, not at all. There's no need to spend money on such things. mnmLisa is right. Eat real food and follow the plan. If you're following Atkins, you aren't eating much carbohydrate anyway.

cnmLisa
Tue, Mar-13-12, 10:56
Ahhhh....a "carb blocker"....

Hmmmm...if you're following plan you shouldn't need it;)

I have never used one, but the threads that I have read where people have used them...it gives a false sense of security that you can eat a carby meal and be "safe". No faster weight loss, no less ill affects, no benefits except for the company because they have your money--$49.00 for 1 bottle can buy you a load of steak, eggs, cream, cheese, nuts, and veg.

I hate to be the pooper to the party....

I'm just sayn'

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

lmg607
Wed, Mar-14-12, 07:50
Thanks for the replies. I've been doing great, but I was reading up on forums, and some were saying they used it while still following the plan, but I didn't know if it was recommended. I thought it looked a bit sketchy. Since I haven't gotten the book yet, I wanted to make sure it wasn't a "requirement."

mviesprite
Sat, Mar-17-12, 00:45
welcome! Atkins was the first low carb book I'd ever seen and I was fascinated by it - one of my clients had it. I couldn't put it down. It took me a few years and a half hearted attempt - later on I tried a few different diets but that was the book that started me on the low carb path and I am grateful for having read it.