PDA

View Full Version : Stevia and spikes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

J. Missy
Thu, May-09-02, 06:54
I have read on another question that any sweet taste in your mouth causes an insulin release. Is this true. I have been drinking decaf tea and using stevia often through the day. Could this keep me from ketosis??

Karen
Thu, May-09-02, 08:02
I have read on another question that any sweet taste in your mouth causes an insulin release. Is this true.

I can be true for some people, but not for everyone. A positive reading on the sticks does not necessarily mean you are losing fat as they also read dietary fat.

There are a lot of factors involved in fat loss. What you're eating, calorie intake, a history of yo-yo dieteing, how much fat you want to lose, going on and off your plan...

What are you eating?

Karen

J. Missy
Thu, May-09-02, 08:28
Karen thanks for the reply. I have 10# to lose and I have not yo yo dieted. I think I will try continuing to watch calories and use my sweetener. It is liquid and does not have any additives to it. I will trial and error some more.

J. Missy
Thu, May-09-02, 08:30
I also forgot to tell you. I started my journal under J and reads Missy's journal. It will take more entries for you to really get a feel for what I am eating. I know for a fact prior to a couple of days ago my calorie content was too high that is why I was not losing I think.