PDA

View Full Version : returning to the LC life...again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ceellecee
Wed, Feb-29-12, 13:43
Hey all,
Today is day one of a new way of eating for me. I've just had enough of these extra 30 pounds. I'm beginning a life that doesn't revolve around carbs! I should say though that I'm at a point in my life where I feel like I can't even think the word "diet" without immediately becoming obsessive about food and then binge eating in response to that obsession. I've - like many here I'm sure - have been on and off of diets for most of my adult life; from a first run at atkins at age 20 where I got down to 125 to some ill-advised "juice cleanses" during graduate school, to WW...
Unfortunately with all these diets I always put the weight back on, sometimes in a short time, other times keeping it off for years. I don't believe in diets anymore. I know that most people never keep the weight off. But I can't keep on eating the way I've been eating, with the weight steadily creeping up, with blood sugar issues, fatigue, a compromised immune system. I know that as much as I want to be a person who can just enjoy food for food's sake, I am not that person. I'm addicted to carbs.
So I'm starting a new way of eating and exercise today: walking in the morning, cardio barre 2 times a week, and no bread, sugar, alcohol, potatoes, rice, chips, pastries, etc. As my mother always says, another definition of "diet" is "the way you eat."
Good luck to everyone out there in finding a new way to eat :)

joylorene
Wed, Feb-29-12, 13:56
That's the spirit!! I am also back after gaining all my weight that i lost the first time plus more UGH

Beez in BR
Wed, Feb-29-12, 14:28
Welcome back! The only way to do it is to consider it permanent, a way of life. Also, know the science behind it and its health benefits so you don't start to doubt yourself.

Have you gotten your hands on DANDR (Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution) so you can review the principles of this way of life?

becky7474
Wed, Feb-29-12, 14:43
Welcome back! :wave: Your story sounds familiar... ;)

ceellecee
Thu, Mar-01-12, 10:44
thanks guys for the welcome!
Yes, Beez, I've read DANDR a bunch of times and am behind it all the way...but can't do induction. Too diet-like. Since I won't do a restrictive thing I'm fine if that means the weight loss is slower. I know from (long, exhaustive) experience which foods lead to binge eating and which don't, which stabilize my blood sugar, & which don't -
No-nos for me:
bread
rice
processed corn
caffeine
sugar in all forms
fruit
Luckily I don't drink anymore because that was always the kiss of death for the diet.
Right now I'm not eating quinoa or beans either though I think those are great for a whole foods diet... when I'm not as fat as I am now.

Interesting experience with my OB/GYN - she recommends a low carb diet (not excessively low carb tho) to pregnant women. Good to know - though I'm not, I'm trying to be.
Planting my veg garden next weekend! Local whole foods all the way.

iloveec
Fri, Mar-02-12, 10:37
:wave: Welcome!