PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LorS
Wed, Feb-29-12, 10:17
My name is Lori. I wanted to come on and introduce myself. I'm new to low carb and on day 9 of a program called Go Figure. Very low carb, healthy fat, high protein. 800 calories a day. Weekly B12 injections, calcium pyruvate twice daily. I also take a prescription appetite suppressant. I weigh in for the first time today. I am at 238 lbs and my goal is 150. My husband needs to lose 30 lbs so he is doing a modified low carb diet. The first four days were very difficult with lots of nausea, terrible carb cravings and just not feeling well. I am over that and have lots more energy. I'm so glad to find a forum like this. I think it will be great to watch all of you achieve your goals. Its also nice to know that others struggle with weight problems and have made the choice to become healthier. Thanks for this forum. :)

Elizellen
Thu, Mar-01-12, 06:59
Welcome to the board, Lori! :wave:

Blimey, eating that low calorie as well as lowcarb doesn't sound all that much fun to me. The best thing about my own way of eating (Atkins) is that there are no calorie restrictions, which for me make is easy to stick with.

But it looks as if it is working for you, so keep up the good work. :thup:

iloveec
Fri, Mar-02-12, 10:39
Hi Lori! :wave: Welcome

Kelly_L
Sat, Mar-03-12, 21:20
Hi Lori

Welcome to the Forum

I'm with Elizellen when she says Blimey, that's a pretty strict regiment but if it's going to work for you and the food you are eating is of good quality and nutrition then it's all good. That's the nice thing about this forum we all find the things that work for us and share our experiences.

Good Luck
Kelly