PDA

View Full Version : Hi, my name is Tabatha and I am a carboholic!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

all_in
Tue, Feb-28-12, 19:59
Hi Everyone! :wave:

So, my husband and I started induction phase of Atkins yesterday! We are very excited to lose the excess weight and actually not be completely uncomfortable in our skins at the lake this summer with our friends!

After two days of Atkins he is feeling great and I am feeling like death warmed over. Foggy headache and fatigue...also... :blush:diarrhea:blush: On the bright side, I'm not hungry and though I am having lots of cravings, I know this too shall pass.

I need to lose about 120 lbs, my husband needs to lose 50. I am so grateful that he agreed to go on Atkins with me and we are looking at lots of delicious induction recipes (as I intend to stay on induction until I get much closer to my goal). I am also happy to have found this site and I look forward to remaining inspired and losing the weight!!

Galveston
Tue, Feb-28-12, 20:10
Never...Never...Never give up! :wave:
...even when your spouse looses quicker and easier than you do!!!

Never...Never...Never give up! :p

Kelly_L
Tue, Feb-28-12, 20:36
Hi Tabatha
Welcome to the forum, this is a great place for support and ideas.
My husband and I are both on Atkins and as Galveston says ...some guys loose weight a lot faster than the gals do so don't get discouraged if he sees faster results.

Happy low carbing!
Kelly

JEY100
Wed, Feb-29-12, 05:05
Welcome to the forum. Definitely read all the newbie tips and follow the program to find long term success. A few cups of broth with sodium and lots of water usually help the discomfort you are feeling now...both are an important part of the plan. Read the success stories for inspiration..there are other couples who together found LC was right for their health goals.

becky7474
Wed, Feb-29-12, 08:23
Welcome :wave:

DEBBIE2007
Wed, Feb-29-12, 12:40
Welcome..... :wave: best of luck to you and your husband, if you follow the plan ,,, you will get the results you are looking for & feel great... again good luck on your journey....... :) :)

Liz53
Wed, Feb-29-12, 13:26
Hi Tabatha--- glad you are joining us. Not only is low carb the tastiest way to lose weight, it will improve your health in many other ways as well. Along with your broth, try eating avocado to replace other lost minerals. Once you get past the first few days, every day you'll feel a little better, and in a couple of weeks you'll have more energy than you ever have. You will know then that your body is efficiently burning its stored reserves. Welcome and good luck!

Elizellen
Thu, Mar-01-12, 06:56
Welcome to the board, Tabatha! :wave:

It is great that you are both starting this new way of eating together. As the others have said, blokes tend to lose weight faster than we women, so try not to compare your results with his.

When he is ready to move to the main weightloss phase (OWL) it might not be a bad idea for you to do the same as it is easier to stay on plan when you expand your food options. Also many of us seem to see an improvement in our losses when we start adding more "good carbs" on OWL.

iloveec
Fri, Mar-02-12, 10:41
Never...Never...Never give up! :wave:
...even when your spouse looses quicker and easier than you do!!!

Never...Never...Never give up! :p

YES! So true :) Our stories are similar I have alot more than my DH to lose and he's losing faster! So, don't let that derail you, if you see that happening. We have alot more going on with hormones and TOM etc. Just don't give up and keep going!!

:wave: Welcome to the forum!

all_in
Fri, Mar-02-12, 13:18
Thanks everyone for the encouragement!
I would actually be thrilled if he lost faster than I do! It would mean he is sticking to the plan. Unfortunately I suspect he is eating fruit at work. Still, I'd he isn't sticking to it strictly it is much less carbolicious than before.

Kelly_L
Sat, Mar-03-12, 11:16
Well at least it's fruit. When I cheat while I'm at work it's usually chips or a candy bar :p