PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am Pam

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gopammyjo
Mon, Feb-27-12, 17:23
Hi I'm Pam, I'm 50 years old with two pre-teens, I live in Citrus Heights, CA.

I started the Dr. Atkins diet last Tuesday. I've lost 11 pound as of yesterday. I weigh in every other day. A few days ago my scale said I gained a pound but the next weigh in I was back to 176, I started at 187. I am amazed at how easy it is to follow this diet. I may be stuck though because I take some syc medication that makes me gain weight. I going to slowly eleminate my resparidone from 4 mg to 2 mg, this medication is for manic depressent. The medication makes me feel tired and run down so I'm going to see if I cut down on to see if those symtoms go away, the medication has a lot of bad side effects too. I haveaa slow thyroid also and I take medication for that.

I lost my first 11 pounds by the forth day. I haven't lost anymore weight since and that worries me. I am eating less than 12mg of carbs a day. So I don't understand why I'm not losing more weight right now. :confused:

Does anyone have an answer for me? :help: I sure there is someone that can give me some advice.

newlowc
Mon, Feb-27-12, 19:17
Patience. That is great progress! Be consistent, don't be in a rush to start changing things. It is all process. You will get there.

Kelly_L
Mon, Feb-27-12, 20:56
Hi Pam,

Welcome to the forum. We all have ups and downs. That 11 lbs was a pretty dramatic whoosh and your body just needs to adjust. I weigh myself every day but I just record my loss (or gain) once a week to give me better perspective.
Keep up the good work and follow the plan, it will work if you give it a chance.

Kelly