PDA

View Full Version : Long time low-carber, new here.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ketobrah
Fri, Feb-24-12, 14:29
Hey all, some quick boring facts about my person:
- on keto for over a year
- I do it for benefits other than weight loss
- lifting regularly
- in it for life
- I know a thing or two about everything low-carb related
- happy to stumble across this island of wisdom in the sea of brainwashed stupidity

:wave:

Topacoma
Sat, Feb-25-12, 09:44
Welcome and keep posting - it's of great value to hear about people who are in this for life, and who have actual experience with this lifestyle - NOT DIET!!!

So start sharing!!!!

ketobrah
Mon, Feb-27-12, 16:26
Welcome and keep posting - it's of great value to hear about people who are in this for life, and who have actual experience with this lifestyle - NOT DIET!!!

So start sharing!!!!

Thanks! It sucks I didn't find out about carbs before. I spent years learning about nutrition and experimenting with different dietary plans. My goal was always to gain weigh since I was slightly underweight. I did put on muscle and some fat (from 140lbs to 190lbs) but I never felt good and healthy. Up until I stumbled upon info about ketogenic diets and it caused a revolution in my dietary knowledge and well-being. It created more questions and caused me to dig deeper into all the information related to human nutrition and how it's affected by low-carb diets. It also opened up my eyes on how the whole system is corrupt pushing their agenda onto the public only for monetary profits.
I'm in it for life, I can't imagine going back to the regular SAD that didn't give any benefits and only created problems. It's been only a year since starting keto but it's been a great year. A year filled with challenges, achievements, and tons of gained knowledge that allowed me to connect the dots that finally created an outlook on my life style that made sense.