PDA

View Full Version : what is the deal?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

J. Missy
Wed, May-08-02, 14:08
I have been doing Atkins for one month and have not lost a poung. I lost about 3 in the beginning and now I am back to start weight. I am pretty sure I have been following the Atkins diet to the letter, but possibly I am overeating. Help!!!

LittleAnne
Wed, May-08-02, 14:22
I am sure that you must be frustrated if you have been doing Atkins for a month and the scales have not moved at all. This could be for a number of reasons, not enough calories, too many carbs - especially hidden ones, not enough fluids, etc. The best way we can help is if you start a journal and write down in it all that you eat and the quantaties. Don;t forget you need to eat at least 10 times your body weight in kcal. If you have not already done so I would recommend that you join Fitday.com (http://) and use this site to keep track of what you are eating. Once we have the information to hand we can advise you better. Meanwhile do not give up. Have you noticed any other benefits of low carbing, like being more alert, needing less sleep, etc.? One thing I forgot, was that if you have been doing lots of exercise then you could be converting the fat straight to muscle and this weights heavier. Do any of your clothes fit better now than before? While you are at it take your measurements as these can be a truer indication of what is going on in your body.

I note that you do not have much to loose, 10 pounds, so this will not come off quickly. It may be that your body does not feel the need to loose this and thus what you may need to do is to tone up the muscles for best results.

Hope this helps.

J. Missy
Wed, May-08-02, 14:37
Thanks for the help. I know I am definitely eating more than 1400 calories daily so maybe I am overdoing it. I really feel like my clothes are tighter and maybe that is do to more working out. I have been exercising a little more but as far as aerobic activity I feel like I just do not have the energy any more which is unusual for me.