PDA

View Full Version : New Years Resolution

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

newman2012
Sun, Feb-12-12, 15:33
Every year, I make a resolution to lose weight and this year (thanks to Atkins), I might even fulfill my goal. I've always been heavy but active. The past couple my energy level has gone down as I gained more weight. So in 2012 I decided to try Atkins. Since January 1st I've lost over 30 lbs and felt better than I have in years. I can still eat (past diets led to binging because I was always hungry) and am wearing the clothes that I has put aside as too small. I am really excited and joining this forum to try to keep me on this track that feels good and might actually make a resolution come true.

janjfree
Mon, Feb-13-12, 08:42
Congratulations on your great loss!

Your story is similar to mine, in that I made so many New Year's resolutions that I didn't keep. You will do it this time!

newman2012
Mon, Feb-13-12, 18:21
Thanks Janet, I intend to.

BlueEyes2
Mon, Feb-13-12, 19:41
I'm excited for you and am so thankful to Dr. Atkins for bucking the establishment and making this possible for us. We eat well and are satisfied. What more could one ask for?

Good luck to you on your journey! Resolutions get a bad rap. You'll be glad you made yours. :)

TeresaTX
Tue, Feb-14-12, 09:43
Welcome Newman! Congrats on your success so far and you've found a great place to keep on track! I've found journaling very helpful...accountability is something that works for me, great for already starting one.

Topacoma
Tue, Feb-14-12, 13:15
Congrats on your wonderful start!! Keep VARIETY first and foremost in your mind!! And keep FAT a close second. You don't want to get bored on your journey, and you sure don't want to get hungry!

askwhy456
Tue, Feb-14-12, 13:18
Good luck newman2012! I am confident that you WILL be a New Man in 2012! You already are!

boazslove
Sat, Feb-18-12, 13:47
Hi everyone

not new to Atkins tho. Lost almost 90 pounds a few yrs ago, then ups and downs of life (no excuse) I gained back almost 50 of it back. Well I am back on board, lost 10 pounds to date, feeling better. Will be lurking here ... nice to meet everyone.

Buttoni
Sat, Feb-18-12, 16:24
Welcome Newman! WOW, 30# in just two months. That's fantastic! You've come to a great place for support, tips, help. Congratulations and keep the good work!

Welcome to you, too, Boaz. You're off to a good start. Just keep up the good work and you'll reach that goal.

newman2012
Sat, Feb-18-12, 16:36
Back again. Entering week 8 and feeling good. I haven't weighed myself this week but will need a new belt soon. What impresses me most is not the weight loss but how good I feel without the flour and sugar. My mood is improved and I have more energy. I bought some Atkins treats and they might do in a pinch, but they are not really that good. I am going to try to stick with my current meat and vegetable plan.
My current diet:
Breakfast- 3 eggs, cheese, and spices scrambled.
lunch-1 or 2 tins of King Oscar sardines (I love those little fishes)
snack- bag of almonds (wasabi style)
dinner- meat, salad, and vegetable
desert-sugar free jello
With the exception of the jello, it seems that this is as natural of a diet as one could hope for. So I am going to keep it up for another week and report back then. Til then good night and good carbs.

Buttoni
Sun, Feb-19-12, 09:30
Your menu looks like a winner there. You and my husband on those sardines, God love ya. LOL He loves kippers, too!! I just can't handle any canned fish except tuna. But whatever floats your boast!! This would appear to be WORKING FOR YA! Keep up the good work! :)