PDA

View Full Version : New Here - almost 11 months of LC

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lois55
Sun, Feb-05-12, 10:53
Hello all. I began my journey in January of last year and was very successful with The New Atkins for a New You. In June, I began to see long periods of little or no weight loss and since I still had a ways to go, I decided to go back to the original Atkins plan Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution. It has been wonderful. I look forward to seeing many old and new friends here.

Larson
Sun, Feb-05-12, 11:05
Hello all. I began my journey in January of last year and was very successful with The New Atkins for a New You.

Congratulations on your wonderful success! May I be as successful as you. As I haven't seen the new book, I wonder if you could tell me the difference between them?

Lois55
Sun, Feb-05-12, 11:29
The new book (aka NANY) focuses on net carbs and not so much on total carbs. Net carbs are:

Total carbs - fibre & sugar alcohols = net carbs

But I found in June that I needed to keep my total carbs below 50 and now below 30 as I get closer to goal.

I wish you much success.

Liz53
Sun, Feb-05-12, 11:30
Hi Lois-- good to see you here.

Labhrain
Sun, Feb-05-12, 14:47
Hi, Lois! Nice to see you.

Buttoni
Tue, Feb-07-12, 14:30
Welcome here, Lois. You'll definitely find the non-judgemental support you seek here. Very well-informed members here and some with MANY years of maintetnance experience that jump in with tips. All programs and necessary tweaks to them are embraced here. A find this place a breath of fresh air. :)

billbill1
Tue, Feb-07-12, 14:44
Glad you came here Lois.