PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kelly_1981
Sat, Feb-04-12, 07:18
Hi All, :wave:

My name is Kelly I am 30 married with 2 children, I have PCOS and have tried to have another baby for 8 years now but no luck.

I have decided (since New years eve) that 2012 will be my year to be healthy! I have been doing low carb for the past week but I am starting the atkins induction today I want to do it properly.

I want to lost 50 pounds and want it off by Christmas (If the world ends I will be pissed LOL after all this hard work)

Anyway I post on myfitnesspal under the same user name but wanted to join here where it is focused on LC.

I look forward to getting to know you all

Kelly x

Frugal Jen
Sat, Feb-04-12, 08:12
Hi, Kelly; welcome to the forums! This is a great place for support. A lot of knowledgeable people here to help you make Atkins really work.

Before I joined these forums I took a look at myfitnesspal, and I didn't see an easy way to track the Atkins net carbs in foods. (They weren't showing me the fiber close enough to the carb count for me to easily do the math in my head.)

Have they changed that? If not, you might want to take a look at this forum's My P.L.A.N. food tracker.

Either way, welcome again--and enjoy the journey!

Elizellen
Mon, Feb-06-12, 09:10
Hi Kelly :wave:
Welcome to the board!

From what I have read on lowcarb support forums, many PCOS sisters find that lowcarbing helps greatly with their condition; and many people trying to conceive discover success once they start to lose weight with a lowcarb way of eating, so I hope it proves true for you too! :thup: