PDA

View Full Version : Hi!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Snowy29
Mon, Jan-30-12, 07:37
Hi everyone! I'm down 11 lbs in 10 days. When I hit 246 a few weeks ago, that was my all time high weight. Having to start cholesterol medication at 29 was a wake up call and I am determined to show the doctor that I will be able to get off of the medication. I have PCOS, insulin resistance, and thyroid issues. In the past low carb has helped drop my cholesterol 90 Pts and stabilize my blood sugar. It is the only way I can lose weight. My friends are all pro low fat and do not understand low carb. They have their minds set, therefor my social support in this is almost non existent. My mother is very supportive. My brother who was always against low carb is now a believer and at goal weight ( though he only had 20 to lose). I'm hoping to receive and give support on this site. I wasted my 20s fat, I will not waste my 30s.

chermac
Mon, Jan-30-12, 07:46
Great attitude Snowy! Welcome back to the low-carb lifestyle. It's good to have a support system (your mom and brother for a start) because so many people are still on the low-fat bandwagon. Just wait til those Nay-sayers see how good you'll do after a couple of week of low-carb. Best of luck, and while you're here, feel free to have a look through some journals and definitely check out the recipe section.
Welcome!

trasea
Mon, Jan-30-12, 07:51
That is great that you lost 11 lbs!!
I completely understand about the support. I have the support of my husband but he just doesn't understand what I am going through and I really can't explain it to him.
I am so glad I found this forum. I just joined today and I am looking forward to what information I can find.

Bludolphin
Mon, Jan-30-12, 16:17
Congrats on your weight loss Snowy. This is a great site.

Snowy29
Tue, Jan-31-12, 21:48
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Trasea, I understand what you mean about lack of support.

Tinag
Tue, Jan-31-12, 21:56
Hey Snowy, great job so far! I'm new here myself and have been able to stick to things so far. not too hard at all!

I see you live in NOLA. My son goes to college there. Great city!