PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KatieB77
Sun, Jan-29-12, 13:31
Hi everyone,
I'm new here. I've done the typical low calorie diet and it worked for me before, when I was younger and stayed off for 8+ years.. I actually lost my first 15 pounds this time around (though very, very slowly and painfully!!), but due to health problems - pre-diabetes - I've chosen to go with Atkins. I'm only a few days in to induction, and honestly, this diet is a LOT easier for me, since I'm not starving all the time and feel like I'm getting away with "cheating" when I eat things like blue cheese dressing! I look forward to joining the community!
Katie

Larson
Sun, Jan-29-12, 14:49
Hi, Katie
I look forward to low carbing with you :)

aj_cohn
Sun, Jan-29-12, 15:09
Hi Katie,

Welcome to the forum. It does feel like cheating to eat this way, doesn't it?

Be sure to read the "sticky" posts in the "Newbies' Questions" area; you'll avoid a lot a pitfalls that newcomers to this WOE are prone to.