PDA

View Full Version : Question for women only

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Belle
Tue, May-07-02, 15:26
I have a question about ketosis. First of all, I have only had a trace of it since I purchased my strips to test myself. Is this normal, I lost 7 pounds the first week, so I must have been in ketosis then, right? :confused: And my next question is, can you go into ketosis when you are having your period? Or is it out of the question? I am in the mode now, (period) and I don't know whether to waste the strips by tesing myself. :wave:
Thanks, Belle

razzle
Tue, May-07-02, 15:40
it's not impossible, but it's darned uncommon.

I recommend saving the strips for after TOM.

Cinderella
Tue, May-07-02, 16:05
As for your question regarding ketosis. A trace is ketosis. It's like being prego....you are or your not. I have read that the darker your stick the mosre water you should be drinking too!!

Keep up the great work.

Cin :wave:

Shellyf34
Wed, May-08-02, 15:10
I say save the strips. They're not a super accurate fat burning measurement anyway.

-Shelly