PDA

View Full Version : This is my third, or maybe fourth, introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

myladymist
Thu, Jan-26-12, 10:15
Hi, again, everyone.

I'm Kay. I'm an overweight diabetic who has read about and pondered nutritional issues seriously for years, while remaining overweight and diabetic. I believe in a low carb way of life and know that it is the very best thing I can do for my body. And yet, I don't stick with it.

This time, I've joined Overeaters Anonymous because I have some serious issues with food that I am finally understanding just aren't normal.

I hope that with the 12 steps and this site for practical advice and support, I'll find recovery.

joylorene
Thu, Jan-26-12, 10:40
Welcome! Yes I have attempted atkins many times also - I always say you never fail until you quit so just keep at it!

myladymist
Thu, Jan-26-12, 11:44
Thanks, Joylorene.

Yup, it took me lots of attempts to quit smoking, and then I did. But like we all know so well, either you smoke or you don't. Food is a whole different beast.

aj_cohn
Fri, Jan-27-12, 16:31
Hi Kay, and welcome to the forum.