PDA

View Full Version : Day 1, I made it!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mechelle R
Mon, Jan-23-12, 23:57
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. Today was my first day on Induction, and I did make it. Every day will be a new day for me, it is always a struggle. I am glad that I found your forum and I hope that I will take advantage of it and use it. For me it is real easy to start out in a forum and then I guess I get lazy and then goes my plan, poof, just like that.

I feel pretty good today but I am having a bit of a sweet desire...Anything, I'd even be willing to try licking splenda off my hand right now.

So I guess that is it for a quick introduction. Take care and hasta manana.
Mechelle

FatBeGone5
Tue, Jan-24-12, 04:32
Mechelle,

Welcome, and congrats on making it through your first day!! The first couple weeks will be the hardest, but as long as you continue to keep a positive attitude and keep your eye on your goals, you will succeed!!

This website has been a life saver for me! Everyone is friendly and it's nice to know people are going through the same everyday struggles that you may come across.

Again, welcome and have a great day 2!

goodnhappy
Tue, Jan-24-12, 07:45
Welcome!! I have always found inspiration on this forum...so when you feel alone in your struggle at a given moment of time, this is a great place to come and find your motivation to get you through. :)

yarralea
Tue, Jan-24-12, 07:58
Welcome, well done and you have come to the right place.

This forum reminds me to stick to my way of eating because the voices resonate and compliment my beliefs. There are some great people here.

zogo
Tue, Jan-24-12, 08:22
mechelle, congrats on your first day. For me, the first 4 days are the worst! I have wicked cravings, am extremely tired and definitely crabby. Once ketosis kicks in, I'm barely hungry and have lots of energy. Hang in there and drink lots of water. They say take your weight in pounds and divide by 2. That gives you the number of ounces of water you should drink each day. I fill a big cup with a straw and make a tally mark every time I refill it.

Good luck, and come back to this website often!

TeresaTX
Tue, Jan-24-12, 09:15
Hi Mechelle - welcome! If you haven't yet - take your measurements, I wish I had. Sometimes the scale gets stuck but you're shrinking anyway - nice to have proof!

mechelle R
Tue, Jan-24-12, 15:55
Thank you all for the welcome. I appreciate your suggestions as well. I hadn't thought of measuring myself and I was not sure how to figure out my water intake, so thank you for sharing that.

So far day 2 is going well. A little tired now, but had just finished lunch.
See you.

dbliss
Wed, Jan-25-12, 00:55
hi Mechelle, I just joined too, thanks for reminding me about mainlining Splenda, I have a wicked sweet tooth.

Elizellen
Thu, Jan-26-12, 06:49
Welcome to the board, Mechelle! :wave:

A lot of us managed to slay that sugar monster on induction by not feeding it with even artificial sweeteners.

Eating a high fat snack when your sweet tooth calls for sweet stuff or even eating something sour like a pickle can help conquer cravings.

mechelle R
Fri, Jan-27-12, 19:06
Thanks you for the advice on the artificial sweetener. I try not to drink diet coke, but have at least 1 a day, very hard to give up, but I will make that a priority to try giving it up.
:agree: