PDA

View Full Version : When is the best time to eat carbs?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mtnbkmark
Tue, May-07-02, 11:14
Now that I'm within 2 pounds of my goal weight, and I'm in phase 3, I've been increasing my carbs. I'm also exercising 45 minutes to 2 1/2 hours a day, 6 days a week.

I've been eating the majority of my carbs (80 to 120) for breakfast and lunch. I've been mainly eating protein at night. Is this right? Should I spread the carbs to all three meals and snacks?

Thanks,
Mark

agonycat
Tue, May-07-02, 12:00
If you spread them out evenly there is a less chance to cause an insulin spike.

Steve A
Wed, May-08-02, 07:14
sounds to me like you are on the right track, keep doing what works for you, the last couple of pounds may take a while and don't drive yourself crazy over those pounds as your weight will fluctuate a lot and go by how you look and feel rather than the scale. with all the exercise you get it prob wouldn't hurt to have 10 grams of carbs around six in the evening to help take the load off the other meals, definitely spread them out as much as possible, at night have adequate fat with the protein to help minimize glucogenesis of the protein.