PDA

View Full Version : My second time at this....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

stealthbob
Wed, Jan-18-12, 19:39
I started the first 18 years of my life very fit and athletic, I was in every sport there was and played them at a high level. I unfortunately had a severe back injury playing hockey which ended it all at once. This also coincided with my move away from home. It suddenly was beer and pizza every night with NO exercise. I went from a very hard body of 220lbs to a super large man of 350 in 10 years. I was able to lose 80 pounds in 7 months for my wedding on Atkins...what a diet! However, soon after I indulged and slowly slipped back into my old habits. My worse habit is the 2-3 beer EVERY night (lots more on weekends). I guess I always figured I could just turn the tap on and loose it all again...that never happened.

I find myself now staring at my mortality, with two beautiful kids and an amazing wife...wondering how one can be so selfish. So here I am, back on track with a very serious attitude. This is going to happen, I am going to return to health once again.

So far there has been no beer (my weakness) and my amazing supportive wife has been cooking all the meals and portioning them for me to take to work and to have at home....no excuses, no barriers. All preplanned meals that satisfy all my gastronomic desires. I just have to drive by the Beer store and not stop.

Now I found this place, another pillar for support!

I look forward to checking in here for support and encouragement. :thup:

aj_cohn
Thu, Jan-19-12, 16:45
We should all have such determination and supportive spouses. Welcome to the forum.

dappermalu
Fri, Jan-20-12, 05:11
Welcome & all the best. Kudos to your wife too.

stealthbob
Fri, Jan-20-12, 05:12
Thanks...

I have "started" this process many times only to fail to convenience foods. I love the low carb menu and have no wants left when eating it (other than beer).

This is going to work this time, there is no way I am going to throw away the tremendous effort my wife is doing just so I can have some beer.

...all that is left is to let it go and enjoy the process!

Whew, thanks for posting....great way to start the day.

fiftygirl
Fri, Jan-20-12, 06:26
I like that when you said "let go and enjoy the process". Perfect attitude.

It is great that you appreciate your supportive wife. :)

I have mentioned several times on this forum and in my journal that,at first, the thing I most missed was beer. But after 10 weeks without it, I am happy to say I have control over those cravings even if I am out with friends who are drinking and it's just not a big deal any more.

I wish you all the best. Your future is in your ( and your dear wife's) hands.