PDA

View Full Version : New and Happy to be here!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

krystynnaa
Tue, Jan-17-12, 17:02
Hello!

I started Atkins Phase one right before new years, I gained 15 punds in the three weeks before Christmas so waiting until after new years was not an option for me!! I lost 8 pounds my first week and a half, and nothing since! My boyfriend has threatened to take the scale away. I am SO happy to find this forumn and other people like me, I feel much less discouraged now after reading so many of the posts. I am cutting out the bars and shakes to see what happens. Looking forward to being on this blog! Happy Low carbing everyone! Christina :wave: :thup:

FatBeGone5
Tue, Jan-17-12, 17:12
Welcome Christina!!

I have heard LOTS of people say that shakes and bars stall them, so I have stayed away from them.

Congrats on the 8lb loss! That is a terrific start!! Don't get too discouraged if you have weeks with no weight loss. I have a tendancy to become an obsessive weigh-er so I limit myself to stepping on the scale once weekly, sometimes bi-weekly...it helps keep me sane! I check for ketones every couple days or so, and as long as it's positive I feel good:)

Keep up the good work!

krystynnaa
Tue, Jan-17-12, 17:32
Thank you!! very encouraging... great job WOW 65 pounds!!

lovemypets
Tue, Jan-17-12, 17:37
I've never tried the shakes or bars....
I've heard that they can be trouble.

8 pounds..... that's great!!!!

I have to say... coming to this site to "check in" has really helped me!
Start a journal.... and I'll see you around Christina :wave:

krystynnaa
Tue, Jan-17-12, 17:44
Thanks Leann Appreciate it! I will start a Journal.. maybe big things will happen! see you around!

dappermalu
Wed, Jan-18-12, 02:49
Welcome Christina!! 8 pounds is a gr8 start.

aj_cohn
Wed, Jan-18-12, 11:39
I would let your boyfriend take the scale away and hide it, giving it back just once a month. In between, you can focus on some measurements, how your clothes fit, and how you feel.

I'm only partly joking.

krystynnaa
Wed, Jan-18-12, 11:50
oooh once a month!! It would be rewarding to see a months worth of loss.. I just don't know if I could do it I may go through scale withdraw!! thanks! :)

Jenevere
Wed, Jan-18-12, 12:27
Hi Krystyna! I understand the obsessive weighing. You're not alone! I have to "make" myself weigh at the same time of day every day, and no more. It's hard. haha :D

I haven't used the shakes or bars either, and I'm trying hard to stay away from sucralose. So far so good!

I just might have to have my husband hide my scale too.

krystynnaa
Wed, Jan-18-12, 12:44
Good to know I am not alone.. I actually have to make myself not weight more than once a day!! ah well... new week.. week 4 lets go!!