PDA

View Full Version : Getting on Track

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DAGrant
Sun, Jan-15-12, 17:52
Yes, I've done the Atkin's diet before and lost with it, and kept it off for awhile, but then kinda fell off the wagon a few years ago and have been yoyo dieting. I did three rounds of HCG last year to try to lose, but the last round didn't seem to reset my body at all, and I regained quickly. I worked in retail, so it was easy to get off track with the holiday rush and longer hours.

I have decided enough with the crazy HCG. I don't think I can bear to put myself through it again mentally and the more I thought about it, the more I came to the conclusion that I just need to get back to what I know worked before.

I started again day before yesterday and am 2 lbs lighter now. I did cheat a little with a raspberry infused vodka and sugar free sparkling water yesterday.. but the vodka had no carbs and neither did the soda, so maybe a little was ok.

so.. at 200.2 today, and my goal is 150 lbs. Here we go again. :D

Julizzler
Mon, Jan-23-12, 13:03
Hey Good luck in your journey!

HCG is too scary for me, I've watch friends go through it. I love Atkins because I don't really have to think much about what I'm eating, I just eat whats on the plan. I don't hold the butter when I want extra on my veggies, I dip each bite of my chicken and steak in garlic butter. I eat scrambled eggs cooked in bacon fat and slathered in lemon pepper. So good!

Anyways Good Luck!

mainecyn
Mon, Jan-23-12, 13:23
You can do this! Atkins does work, as you know. It is difficult to go thru losing and regaining, emotionally. But, you are doing what is best for you, taking control of your life and your health.