PDA

View Full Version : Slipping backwards

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jerzee
Tue, May-07-02, 07:33
Things were looking up, I was on a roll and feeling great but the events that have taken place in my life in the past few weeks have set me back a bit. Not that life is supposed to be a bowl of cherries, I just wish I could get find a way to feel good and hold on to it for good. I am definitely doing better than I was a year ago and I will get through this.

Lessara
Tue, May-07-02, 11:21
I know what you mean, Jerzee, I too have alot going in my life.
I know I should concentrate on myself but sometimes that is easier said than done.
Try to just cutting out sugar for a while then the rest becomes easier. I know. I was really bad for a month (Ex. Ben and Jerry's every day for a week) But I've been sugar free for a week now and I'm slowly not eating so many carbs. I'm now at 1 serving a day. Hope this helps.
Cheer up, we are in this together.

Jerzee
Tue, May-07-02, 11:24
BTW, you can call me Frank.

agonycat
Tue, May-07-02, 11:58
Hey buddy.

Sorry to hear you are feeling down. Wish there was some magic words I could speak that would cheer you all up and get you going again.

Maybe the long weekend coming up will help some. Get outside and soak up the sunshine. That usually helps me out. I find if the weather is gloomy and dark, so does my mood start to swing that way after a few days.

It will pass I am sure. Just hang in there :)

Jerzee
Tue, May-07-02, 12:38
I am sure I will get through this little bump in the road. Life is funny sometimes. Just when you think you are on the fast track to being your old self again, something else comes up and knocks you back. Lowcarbing has been my Island in the storm so to speak. Lowcarbing has saved me from the ups and downs of eating sugary and high carb foods that really seem to mess up my mood and leave me feeling out of sorts.

ferdinand
Tue, May-07-02, 22:31
It is true that too many carbs make you depressed...I can tell you that from experience...I too went "off" and I notice a definate change in my mood...now I have been binging for 1 week...nothing has showed on scale, but I know it WILL and so...lets go guys...lets try to get back on track...

Jerzee
Wed, May-08-02, 06:55
Carbs definitely have an effect on my depression. You get that temporary euphoric feeling when you eat too many carbs and than you come crashing down when the carbs wear off.

I am feeling much better today. Things I worried and wondered about are all coming in crystal clear now. It's time to move on.