PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Fellow Low Carb Buddies!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LoCrbLadee
Wed, Jan-11-12, 23:29
:wave: Sure glad that I found this site!!Love talking about low carb eating and am an enthusiastic person,by nature,so this is gonna be right up my alley!!
Used to think of Low Carb eating as a diet ,which meant,eventually I'd be 'going off of it',but,know now that I CAN'T ever allow myself to think that way,ever again!!This is the way I eat....PERIOD,forever!!I'm almost 65 years old but got a lot of life in me,yet,and no major health issues that I know of,so,just that much more reason to adopt this way of eating for the rest of my life,'cause I know it WORKS for ME!Started doing Atkins plan in September 2011 at 235# and as of January 11th 2012,was 195#!My goal is 135# as I'm only 5'2" .(Would REALLY like to get down to 125#,but,would be happy with 135# if I can get there and maintain that!(Which,I KNOW I can,if I just persevere and STAY on track)!!Think,this low carb 'community' is gonna help me,too!Hope "I" can be of an encouragement to you,also!!!
LoCrbLadee!! :agree:

ICDogg
Wed, Jan-11-12, 23:54
Welcome! :wave:

Deciduous
Thu, Jan-12-12, 09:20
Welcome to the forum!!! I love your positivity!

MizKitty
Thu, Jan-12-12, 09:52
Welcome! You've done great so far, good luck on the rest of your journey! You will love it here

maggie0929
Thu, Jan-12-12, 10:15
You are right, low-carb eating shouldn't be approached as a diet. I've been off and on the lifestyle enough times to know how much worse I look and feel when I am off it. Live and learn I guess...
Best of luck to you!

LoCrbLadee
Thu, Jan-12-12, 11:15
Hi all my fellow carbers !!! :wave:
Hope I can learn and impart some tips ,too,for all of you who are trying to lose the low carb way!! :D It is a 'journey' in fact,as ones have stated on here!
I'm trying really hard to keep myself 'upbeat' and for the most part,I am,but,having a 'support team' will be nice too! :thup:
I see the VALUE of things like W.W.'s but DON'T see the EXPENSE of it and can use the money I'd be using for meetings for my low carb foods!!
Low Carbing is really not hard once you get into it!!AND,I find I'm not hungry in between eating and fill up pretty quickly,when I DO eat,too,since my food IS protein and LOW carb!!
My husband is retired now and likes to eat lunch out EVERYDAY, but, thankfully,NOT fast food places!!The restaurant we go to a lot offers a grill plate of lean steak strips,or,chicken pieces,and healthy,low carb veggies like baby broccoli florets,cabbage strips,thinly sliced green and red peppers, mushrooms,onion strips,water chestnuts,snow peas,AND,noodles or rice if desired....so,I just have the veggies and beef strips grilled and a slug of soy sauce on top,and,I'm in heaven!!! :yum: :agree: This meal is so filling AND good, too!!!Just sayin'......maybe,this will help YOU find a low carb meal solution when YOU go out ,too!! :idea: (By the way,the restaurant is Ryans' )
Happy Lo Carb eating,today!!!I'll be thinking of you all!!Ta Ta :wave: