PDA

View Full Version : another intro...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

naomim
Tue, May-07-02, 01:24
Hi

I've been doing the Atkins Diet for two weeks now and have lost 9lb so far.

I've done all the "traditional" diets over the years to no avail so I'm hoping the weight will continue falling on this one, which should stop me giving up after the usual 2-3 weeks.

Plus what a bonus to not be hungry for most of the time - is this an initial thing or does it wear off???

Naomi
p.s. I'm from Southampton, England.
p.p.s. I miss my McDonalds meals!!!

Rosebud
Tue, May-07-02, 15:25
Hi Naomi, welcome! :wave:

Well done on the 9 pounds - what a wonderful start!
Now, don't expect to lose 9 pounds every two weeks - although it's a nice thought, isn't it? :p We'd all be skinny minnies in no time if we could only lose weight at that rate.
In fact you could even stop losing for a week or so while your body readjusts itself. But no need to panic (if it does happen), just carry on and the weight will disappear.

And yes, you never need be hungry again! In fact if you are hungry on this WOE (way of eating - this is a way of eating for life, not just another diet), you simply eat more!

Naomi, have a look at the info on journals at the top of this thread. Many of us have found that documenting our intake and/or thoughts to be very helpful. It's also a great way to make friends here.

Good luck, matey.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

LittleAnne
Wed, May-08-02, 01:49
Hi Naomi and welcome to this forum from another UK member.

Congratulations on getting through induction and for loosing 9 pounds. :cheer: :cheer: You must feel great about it.

I'd tried many diets in the past, but none compare with the low carb way of life. As you say you don't feel hungry and you never need to feel hungry again. I started Atkins last August and have never looked back.

There are quite a few UK members on this site, growning quite rapidly, and so visit often to meet them. Its a good idea to pop into peoples journals to see what they get up to and to give you ideas. You could always start a journal yourself.

Every success and I look forward to hearing about your progress.

msjames
Wed, May-08-02, 08:26
Hello and welcome aboard Naomi. :wave: