PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so whaddaya wanna know?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Patchouli
Tue, May-07-02, 00:25
:daze:

tamarian
Tue, May-07-02, 00:35
I want to know the meaning of life! Without any reference to Monty Python! :p

Wa'il

Patchouli
Tue, May-07-02, 03:20
Here you go: http://www.themeaningoflife.org/

I thought this forum was for telling about yourself??...

Patchouli
Tue, May-07-02, 03:24
Hi neighbour.

Can you tell me how the stats work? You know, in the left hand column where it shows three numbers. What do those numbers mean? I know the first one is the weight you joined and the last one is your goal weight but what's the middle one?

tamarian
Tue, May-07-02, 09:47
Hi Pat,

The middle one is the current weight, the first is starting weight.

Since you're in Richmond, you should join us for our LC get togethers? We just had one last night, and another scheduled for May 30th. Read all about it in the Canada sub-forum.

Now I'll check the link, and possibly change my life :)

Wa'il

Patchouli
Tue, May-07-02, 16:25
would love to join you for the lc night. Would love to have gone last night. Feeling a need for support already. Not sure the plan I chose is going to be right for me because I have problems eating so much meat.

I think things are happening in terms of reducing (something, not sure what yet) because I'm starting to have cravings for all the things I used to eat. Usually when that happens it's a sign my body is fighting to stay at status quo which means things are happening to disturb the status quo. That's when I run into trouble.

I'm okay with restrictions until the status quo gets disturbed and then I'm running to the grocery store to buy ice cream, bread, sweet sauces, and looking for things in my cupboards to make sweet stuff with - any kind of sweet stuff. :nono:

Elmig
Tue, May-07-02, 16:54
Hey Patchouli,
I read you other thread regarding having a hard time with meat. I don't know the specific plan you are on or your reasons but two things occurred to me...you might want to check out The Soy Zone. The veggie Zone version. It might help with some ideas. I think that there is also a cookbook for that one. And have you looked into soy meat replacements? You have to do some searching but you *can* find ones that are lower in carbs and higher in protein.
I have to back up the person that referenced tin fush. I LIVE off of tinned tuna, salmon (often goes on good sale), and kippers. Also eggs. Eggs, boiled eggs, egg whites in everything! I don't have a lot of money so that helps with this way of eating/life.
Good luck!

Elmig

LadyWendy
Tue, May-07-02, 17:06
:spin: Ok, I have restarted AGAIN. I officially started SUGAR BUSTERS on my 29th birthday (summer of 2000). I was going STRONG and lost 30 pounds rather quickly. I started at 280 pounds. It seemed like forever before I dropped under 250 and before I knew it, I was eating carbs again. I stalled, I gained, I moped around and complained. :mad: I restarted again in the summer of 2001 at about 260, went STRONG until Christmas :eek: You don't want to know what I ate during that time, I think I was completely drunk on carbs. I got myself back together after that and was doing great with Sugar Busters, weight lifting and walking the treadmill for 1 hour/day beginning in the new year 2002. I was strong, radiant and even dumped my grumpy husband. :clap:
But, ya know, I have no clue what I was thinking, well, actually I do, it was about those fried chicken wings and the rest of the goodies at the chinese buffet. :yum: Ok, wrapping it up... I was down to 209 sometime this year... now I am back up to 230. I restarted yesterday and the cravings are kicking my A$$! :bash: :rose:

Patchouli
Tue, May-07-02, 19:04
thanks for the info. Yes, I am starting to eat more eggs too.

Also kippers, sardines, salmon, and tuna with gobs of mayo.

won't touch the soy though. Soy products are gmo's and I object to eating genetically modified stuff.

I don't want to eat insect dna or pesticide right in my food, thanks anyway.

Always interested in economical locarb info. thanks again.

Elmig
Wed, May-08-02, 08:13
I know what you mean about the soy...it is the largest scale genetically modified crop in the United States. But there are non GMO soy products out there. So if you get a soy craving give them another look. I'm not trying to plug one food over another here (I work for a bank honest! :) ) I just thought I would let you know that there are good ones out there. My SO is vegetarian and eats a lot of soy products. Next time he brings home a non-GMO one I can let you know if you want.

Thinking about all that fish with mayo is making me hungry! :)

Take care

Elmig

Patchouli
Wed, May-08-02, 15:45
Yes, I would like to know about the non-gmo soy products. I thought they were all gmo's.

Any other tips you have about non-gmo's of any kind would also be appreciated.

:yay:

Elmig
Wed, May-08-02, 16:26
http://www.truefoodnow.org/gmo_facts/product_list/

http://www.safe-food.org/-consumer/brands.html

http://www.greenpeace.ca/e/campaign/gmo/gmoguide/html/guide.html

that last one is Canada specific!

Disclaimer -- Ok, I have not combed these pages thoroughly myself but received them from veggie, non GMO eatin sig other.

:roll:

Karen
Wed, May-08-02, 23:10
You may want to check out Capers. There are three stores in Vancouver. You can even sign a petition they have circulating for full disclosure of GMO products.

Karen

Patchouli
Thu, May-09-02, 02:27
Thanks for the links, Elmig.

And Karen,

I'll be sure to sign the petition if they have it online.

I'm not usually anywhere in the vicinity of a Caper's. But I'll sure pop in if I am.

Thanks, again.