PDA

View Full Version : Back On the Horse

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

maggie0929
Tue, Jan-10-12, 13:55
Embarking on a low-carb diet once again after many tries in the past (some long-term, some not so long). After 4 days back on the plan, I don't know why I've been so resistant to do it. I'm feeling great...no bloating, no heartburn, more energy, among other things. All things I knew would happen if I got back on the plan.

I had my third child 20 months ago and since then have piled on the pounds to become the heaviest I've been in 20 years...not good. I've got a few days in and down one pound. Although I wish I could have seen the dramatic first week drop that used to happen when I was younger, I'll take what I can get.

rosyposy51
Tue, Jan-10-12, 16:41
Welcome back! Stick with it cos it really works, but it can be a slow process....but if you feel well its easier. Good Luck

shy__anne
Tue, Jan-10-12, 19:06
You and I are in the same boat! I have been off and on and since I have been back on, I feel so much better! It is easier, once you actually start. Good luck and keep in touch!

maggie0929
Wed, Jan-11-12, 09:05
Thanks! Got on the scale this morning and was down 2 more pounds so that's great motivation. It's always so hard to get that momentum going the first few days, but once a few pounds come off my outlook is better. My husband got me a gazelle for Christmas and finally put it together last night, so now I have something to do inside (I don't like walking in the cold or in the dark, lol).

rosyposy51
Wed, Jan-11-12, 14:06
?gazelle? what is that

aj_cohn
Wed, Jan-11-12, 15:34
A gazelle can be this:

http://animal.discovery.com/mammals/gazelle/pictures/gazelle-picture.jpg

or this:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SI7D6rjyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Both have their uses on a low-carb diet.

maggie0929
Thu, Jan-12-12, 07:37
Haha! Well to be clear, my gazelle would resemble the bottom picture...

rosyposy51
Fri, Jan-13-12, 13:50
Thanks for the answer bout the gazelle, have never heard of an exercise machine called that down here in little old New Zealand!! I have a treadmill for the dark and yukky days, but its summer here so I'm just walking the dog.