PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JellyBuns
Tue, Jan-03-12, 13:38
I was recently referred to this site by a co-worker that's lost a lot of weight by low carbing. I've been reading this site non-stop for the past few days and finally decided to post.
I'm sure there are tons of people that sign up every year because of their resolutions to lose weight. I'm determined to make my resolution for 2012 be a reality. I'm tired of living this way.
I've never tried a low carb diet before. I've already bought a journal to keep track of my food and I've started planning my meals for the induction phase which I'm beginning tomorrow morning.
While out shopping for supplies this morning before work I noticed a lot of stuff I thought was low carb really isn't.
It looks like I have a lot of learning to do.

:wave:

Rosebud
Tue, Jan-03-12, 18:57
Welcome, JellyBuns. :)

Elizellen
Wed, Jan-04-12, 12:30
Welcome to the board, Jellybuns! :wave:

You are right, this way of eating does mean a lot of label reading when out shopping! I even take a small creditcard-sized magnifying lens in my pocket so I can read the small print more easily. ;)

aj_cohn
Wed, Jan-04-12, 13:22
Welcome Jellybuns. If you're following Atkins, you need to read an Atkins book in addition to this site. The most popular ones among forum members are these:

Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution (DANDR) — 2002
A New Atkins for a New You (NANY) — 2010
Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution (DADR) — 1972

Also, be sure to read the "sticky" posts in the Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110) section of the forum.

bcbeauty
Wed, Jan-04-12, 16:52
Welcome JellyBuns :wave: