PDA

View Full Version : Hello again!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MsWool
Mon, Jan-02-12, 14:20
I used to frequent this forum under a couple different handles... I've forgotten what they are and have new email, so I'm starting over again.

I've ballooned up to 215 again... I love atkins. I just have a hard time staying true. I followed atkins for a long time many years ago (10?) and weighed 130-135.... felt so good.

Then things went sideways... and started using food as a recreational activity.

Gone back on atkins off and on since then, able to lose 30 - 40 pounds, then slip back into old bad habits.

Two years ago, I quit drinking diet coke (and all other caffeinated sodas) and now I just now and then have a hansens diet (splenda) root beer. I have not slipped up ONCE on that. I want to apply that same willpower to returning to a healthy low carb way of life...

so here i am :wave:

aj_cohn
Mon, Jan-02-12, 15:17
Welcome back, MsWool. I see that you've cottoned on to low-carb before, so I won't give you any threadbare intro spiel. If you felt inclined to revisit the warp and woof of this WOE, though, thread your way to the "Newbies' Questions" section, and read the "sticky" posts. (It's like looking for a needle in a haystack, I know.)

Why yes, I am short on sleep and long on Nyquil — why do you ask?

Buttoni
Mon, Jan-02-12, 15:19
Welcome back, MsWool. Yes, the sticking to it seems to be hardest for everybody. But once you make up your mind this is the best way of eating (I'm doing Atkins, too), you'll find that easier and easier to do. I've been at this 3 years this April, and though my weight loss has been very slow, I've stuck to the program even though I've had profoundly long stalls: no loss; no gain. You can do this!

nwfl
Mon, Jan-02-12, 17:58
Have you considered getting a home carbonator? They are not very expensive - mine costs $20 for every 60 litres of carbonated water. Carbonating changes the taste of water without adding anything to it. It's a lot cheaper in the long run than any kind of pop or mineral water. (Hahaha, the minerals are already in the water - the carbonating brings them to your tongue! And we pay to have it shipped around the world!)
Sugar excites a part of the brain that is very close to the part that is excited by cocaine - as seen on brain scans. Apparently artificial sweeteners have a similar effect.
Weaning yourself off sugar will pay big big dividends.
This is my soapbox!
You can do it!