PDA

View Full Version : 2nd time's a charm

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Denaria
Mon, May-06-02, 13:52
:wave: Hello,

This is my second time around on a low carb way of life, and I am hoping that I will be able to continue for the rest of my life. The first time I lost over 40 lbs, but then hit a plateau for about six weeks and it hit right at Christmas times when there were so many temptations.

But that is in the past! Today is the first day to the rest of my life. My family is joining me on this journey (husband & son).

I was thrilled to find this site. The people seem very friendly and encouraging. During the first time I had posted to a different BB but at times it got rather hostile which also did not help me (or anyone else) because I felt that I had no where to turn to get advice.

To give you some information about myself:
- I am married to a wonderful man who supports me in everything I do.

- Have a 19 year old son. He is the greatest and last night he said that I was the "coolest mom" (made my heart swell). He is currently home for the summer and would like to get himself in shape and improve his lifestyle.

- I am a re-educated nurse. I went back to school after 15 years and got my degree so that I could work in my desired field.

I look forward to sharing my progress and setbacks (hopefully not to many of these) with everyone here as I strive to reach my goal.

Denaria

joe burns
Mon, May-06-02, 15:03
:cheer: Denaria
Welcome back to Low Carbing you did really well the last time and i am sure you will be successfull again.
You are right in saying that the people are friendly and encouraging on this site .So good luck in your quest in reaching your goal

Joe

msjames
Mon, May-06-02, 16:19
Hello and welcome to the forum, Denaria :wave:
If you done it once, you can do it again. I wish you much success. Good luck.