PDA

View Full Version : I need help with the self talk

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

brblight
Mon, Dec-19-11, 08:48
Hey all, I need some advice on how to deal with the good and bad girls on my shoulders. I slipped this weekend, (not a confession, already did that) but my question is how do you all deal with the internal battle? Maybe seeing what everyone else says to themselves will help a newbie like me and a few others who struggle with that.

I was into day 4 and feeling wonderful, not so wonderful today, but I am not giving up, I will just pick myself up and dust myself off, and carry on.... :help:

krystalr
Mon, Dec-19-11, 10:52
I was just "real" with myself. "You don't need it, so don't eat it. You're overweight, unhealthy, and out of shape - eating that will only push you further away from your goal. You need to make a LIFE CHANGE, and x isn't part of it" and so on.

If my option was to eat something off plan, or be hungry, I went hungry. I certainly wasn't about to starve to death. :lol:

brblight
Mon, Dec-19-11, 10:55
:agree: You rock, calling a spade a spade.

krystalr
Mon, Dec-19-11, 10:59
Yup. I had tried and failed so many times in the past, and I know it was because I was constantly making excuses for myself, and finding ways to justify my actions. This time HAD to be different.

brblight
Mon, Dec-19-11, 12:02
Wow, I just snooped into your before and after pics...amazing transormation. I can't wait for that day for me!!