PDA

View Full Version : Advise please "Potatoes not Prozac"

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

osuzana
Mon, May-06-02, 06:10
:wave: Hi there everyone who reads this post!
I am still fairly new here, and I am not sure if this post is in the right place or not but I hope it is :daze:
I recently bought the book "Potatoes not Prozac" as suggested by Karen, It is an excellent book. I am so curious as to who else on this site has read it, and followed the program, and what you thought of the program and how it worked for you. I am thinking of doing this program and I guess I just don't want to be in it alone. :eek: :rheart: Osusana

razzle
Mon, May-06-02, 07:53
I have not tried it, but I've read it and think it's quite useful. (However, you don't need to eat the potato at night--there's no scientific basis to that theory of hers and it just gives you carbs you don't need and that will block you from fat burning all night long)

One of the benefits to the book is that it goes slowly. Instead of cold turkey, you wean yourself from sugar and the whites. For some people, this is good.

We're all doing what we do alone, in a sense. Every weight loss story, every depression story is its own story, even though half of American is depressed and overweight. So we're alone with a lot of company. :)

Elihnig
Mon, May-06-02, 12:50
I know I've read some of Potatoes, Not Prozac, but I can't remember exactly where. Maybe it was a synopses on a web site. I think for people without insulin/weight problems it would be a healthy approach to eating. Also, I only read bits, but you know, that was my impression.

Elihnig

Karen
Mon, May-06-02, 13:13
There's a website for followers of PnP:

Radiant Recovery (http://www.radiantrecovery.com/)

Karen

osuzana
Mon, May-06-02, 13:45
Thank you again Karen, I already joined the web site yesterday, it is very informative. :thup: