PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to introduce myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Butlertwo
Sun, Dec-11-11, 21:56
Hi I am trying to say hi and hope I am doing it right I am knew at this. I need alot of support and advice and just some one to talk thank you

euphoricme
Mon, Dec-12-11, 00:20
Welcome Butlertwo =)

This site is a great site with lots of knowledgeable and helpful people.

Butlertwo
Mon, Dec-12-11, 07:14
Hope this is a good day for everyone.It is a good day to change the way you live and I am glad to fine people to talk to about things that we share about lowcarbing. Thank you for the welcome and I am looking forward to starting.

Beez in BR
Mon, Dec-12-11, 07:19
Welcome! Glad you found this forum! :wave:

THis is a great place to talk low carb, learn about low carb, and get great support!

What books have you read so far? Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution is great. You should read it cover to cover, several times. Additional suggested reading is Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes. One of my personal favorites is Life Without Bread.

There are great discussions here about LC health and links to articles.

Welcome and congratulations on choosing a healthier way of life! (((hugs0))) :cheer:

Butlertwo
Mon, Dec-12-11, 07:26
Thank you I have read the Aktins book and the old one also when I was sick as you know the dr didnt approve of low carb . When I got older I had surgery and the new dr said dont eat anything but low carb.so see how the dr have changed.It sure seems to be the only way to try to live

Beez in BR
Mon, Dec-12-11, 07:30
I'm glad you've found a new dr! :D

DEBBIE2007
Mon, Dec-12-11, 13:09
Hello :wave: and welcome to froum, you will fine so many wonderful people here, that can give you all the encouragment, and Information you are going to need on your low carb journey. So welcome and best of luck...... :) :)

Butlertwo
Tue, Dec-13-11, 07:17
Hope everyone is starting a good day. the new way of life is going great . I make it fine during the moring but the afternoon is when I want carbs. I really have to have my shakes ready. getting over that time of day is getting better.

aj_cohn
Tue, Dec-13-11, 15:30
Butlertwo,

Your Dr. sounds like someone everyone should know about! Please add him/her to Jimmy Moore's list of low-carb-friendly doctors (lowcarbdoctors.blogspot.com/).