PDA

View Full Version : Do I eat too much?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LindaSch
Thu, Dec-01-11, 06:56
Hi all
I've done Atkins in the past and always very successful. I've had 3 hip replacements now and during the time when I can't do any excercise I put all the weight back on, even if I don't eat that much. Thing is, if you can't move and can't do anything interesting, food is the only comfort to me, can't help it.
Now here we go again....
I started induction 2 1/2 weeks ago. I did exactly what I've done in the past and only lost 6 pounds in the first week and nothing after that.
I've never stalled after just one week before.
What I eat is very boring but easy to follow, I quite like it and I can do it for long periods without a glitch. I'm not into sweet things at all, which helps.
Here is what I eat every day:
Salad from 2 small gem lettuces with a sauce of 1 Tablespoon low carb majo and 1 tablespoon low carb salad sauce and a bit water (that's my lunch)
I grill 4 medium sized burgers (either beef or pork) in the evening, cut then into bits in the morning, take it with me to work and I eat that during the day.
If there is any left in the evening, I'll have the rest as evening meal with some low carb majo, or a few chicken wings (not much on them, is there?)

That's all

Why is it not working this time?
I'd be grateful for your comments.

Linda

Elizellen
Thu, Dec-01-11, 09:08
Unfortunately each time we restart any diet we are older, which I think makes a difference to start with :(

However losing over 10% of the total amount you hope to lose in just one week can't be sniffed at!! :cheer:

I know you have mobility problems, but there are many exercises even a wheelchair bound person can do, so maybe google for "chair exercises" and see if you find any you can do to get at least some body parts moving.

Elizellen
Thu, Dec-01-11, 09:10
And maybe try some different veggies to make things more interesting - remember on induction we can eat "up to 20 net carbs, most from vegetables"

Sweet red peppers chopped up in a salad or sliced and dipped into dressing, or some sauteed onions would make for more carbs and still be wihtin the rules.

freckles
Thu, Dec-01-11, 13:32
What she said, plus, you didn't give specific amounts, but I wonder if you aren't eating enough?

Scarlet 96
Thu, Dec-01-11, 17:56
I agree. I think you might not be getting enough and a little variety with more fiber might help.

radiogal
Fri, Dec-02-11, 11:44
It sounds like not only are you not eating enough but you might need a little fat with that. are you eating breakfast at all?

JandLsMom
Sun, Dec-04-11, 16:24
It sounds like your not eating enough food for a day..did you fit day it? how many calories is it? Also make sure the fat is atleast 60%...

Thomas1492
Sun, Dec-04-11, 18:46
Linda a easy rule of thumb is to multiply your weight by 1 calorie,so you need approx 2100 calories to maintain a day..So a good amount would be approx 16-1700 calories to lose weight and you would like those to be 70% fat,20% Protein and 10% in carbs from veggies!! Looking at your meals I believe you get enough protein but not near enough fat,and veggies,IMHO..:)
Hope this helps!!

dlynnRN
Thu, Dec-08-11, 19:35
I agree in that you may not be eating enough... Personally I eat at least 5 small meals per day. When I first started I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner... but found eating smaller frequent meals is much better!! Fuels your metabolism! Eat protein at each meal! Eat a variety with your veggies!