PDA

View Full Version : Urrrgh feel ill... Help ?!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

girlface
Fri, Nov-18-11, 02:53
:help:

I am super tired, all the time, for the last week.

Struggling to keep my eyes open all day, falling asleep on the sofa at 9pm.

I have stopped drinking coffee&tea as I can't stand it without lashings of milk and sweetener so I've stopped drinking it, hoping the tiredness is just caffeine withdrawal. Just drinking plain water with 2 small bottles of flavoured water for when I'm out and about.

Also - 3 weeks in a row I've stayed at 10st 5lbs. I lost 3lbs in the first week and although I'm on OWL I haven't been going up the rungs, I've stayed on 20-25NC for the last 3 weeks and nothing is coming off.

I'm planning to start doing Zumba & Yoga on the Wii next week, twice a week for both and see if that helps at all.

I'm off to weigh myself again today for the 4th week to see if I've finally lost any more. Also come off the coffee/tea cos I feel like that could be why I am stalling. Thrown out the Atkins bars too, won't be buying those again.

The only feel good benefit I have from this WOE right now is that I'm not bloating or having an upset stomach, everything else has gone.

aj_cohn
Fri, Nov-18-11, 12:11
...although I'm on OWL I haven't been going up the rungs, I've stayed on 20-25NC for the last 3 weeks...

There's your problem. There's no demonstrated advantage to staying on induction indefinitely. As you're seeing, there can be disadvantages. Start adding back carbs according to the Atkins plan. You'll definitely need it for the exercise you plan to do.

And since active muscles retain water (in the form of glycogen), the scale might even go up a bit. But don't despair; the scale can lie (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=7300643#post7300643).

Deciduous
Fri, Nov-18-11, 12:32
I didn't know they had Zumba on the Wii! That sounds like so much fun.

Mandra
Fri, Nov-18-11, 12:42
I would suspect the caffeine withdrawal.

girlface
Fri, Nov-18-11, 14:24
I don't know what else to add; I'm always stuffed and can't possibly eat bigger portions.

I have however been on the scales today and I have gone down 2lbs !

Yeah Zumba on the Wii... Not a great game, it doesn't explain the moved properly but I'm getting there slowly :D

CMCM
Fri, Nov-18-11, 14:57
I don't know what else to add; I'm always stuffed and can't possibly eat bigger portions.

I have however been on the scales today and I have gone down 2lbs !

Yeah Zumba on the Wii... Not a great game, it doesn't explain the moved properly but I'm getting there slowly :D

It's just slow slow slow. It takes patience and consistency with eating the right way and doing a bit of exercise may help. For me, on this round of Atkins I started at 150 and right now I'm in week 8....I'm down 9 pounds, with maybe 5 to 10 to go. No matter what I do, no matter how strict I am, I think it's just a slow slog. If you really want to drop the weight, make peace with that fact and just keep going. Don't put unrealistic expectations on yourself about a time frame. There will be a time you will be rewarded for your efforts, but your body will keep its own timetable. After a nice quick drop at the beginning (when the body is dropping all the excess carb water weight), now it just goes off bit by bit, rarely more than a pound here and there. And I'll hang at a weight for varying amounts of time. What I've found is that if I'm bobbing around...say I hit a weight and then pop back up and hang there, then I look at what I'm doing, where I can be more careful, maybe do a bit more exercise. But when I drop to a weight and just hang there, that seems good because I think my body is adjusting. I'm careful then too, and then after a bit I'll drop more. I tend to drop a pound at a time when it's a solid drop. That tells me it's fat I've lost, not just water variations.

Hang in there....if you want the loss, you can do it!