PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mrsadams08
Wed, Nov-16-11, 11:34
Hello everyone!
I am new to Atkins!!! I love to eat starches! They are my weakness! It is so inspiring lookin at all of the before, during, and after photos. I am 23 and always had a tendacy to be overweight. I started doing weight Watchers when I was 16. I stayed about a size 8, until my first year of college. I have a little boy who is two and a half. After having him I havent been able to get my weight back down. I have tried Weight Watchers several times with no luck . I feel like I'm starving all the time. Then about 2 months ago I was dignosed with Diabetes :( but then my doctor told me about Atkins so I bought the book and decided to try it! I would love not only to get my weight off but to have energy and not feel so tired all of the time. Does anyone have any great recipes for Induction. I think I will stay in this phase a while. If anyone has some easy but good ones it would be greatly appreciated. Between college, work, being a mom, and a wife sometime it has to be quick!

aj_cohn
Wed, Nov-16-11, 12:12
Hi mrsadams,

Welcome to the forum.

Remember that induction was designed to last for only 2–4 weeks, just long enough to kick-start your body into using fat as its primary fuel. There's no demonstrated advantage to continuing induction any longer than necessary. In fact, your body may adapt by *slowing* your metabolism, making more fat/weight loss impossible.

This forum has a recipes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2) section and a recent discussion (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=434744) on quick meals that might interest you.

Much success to you on your LC journey.