PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jamie97374
Mon, Nov-14-11, 22:00
Hi, I am a 33 year old mother of 3. I would like to say that my children are the reason that I have gained weight, but they are 11, 13, 15 now, so I feel I have no excuses anymore. I tried Induction with Atkins for a few weeks and loved the results, but fell off the wagon. Now I have gained even more weight and feel miserable. Wish me luck! I started Atkins Induction today and exercise.

newbjones
Mon, Nov-14-11, 22:38
Welcome and much success on your way to an healthier and sexier you :-)

Don't worry about falling off the wagon,we're on the same boat! This is my third attempt to Atkins... Never passed the induction phase.

This time will be the good one for both of us :)

GlendaRC
Mon, Nov-14-11, 23:53
Welcome, and my best wishes on your journey to a slim, healthy future! Please remember that the Atkins plan is 4 phases from induction through OWL and pre-maintenance to maintenance! Please work your way through all the phases the way Dr. Atkins wrote them up in DANDR!

ferrygirl
Tue, Nov-15-11, 01:45
Welcome back to the wagon! Best of luck to you on your journey.

med234
Tue, Nov-15-11, 04:27
I'm just back too, a week ago, after also falling off that wagon.
We can do this!

jamie97374
Thu, Nov-17-11, 12:05
Thanks for the encouragement! I am currently reading The New Atkins for a New You, it has a lot of good information in it. I am on Day 4... still have a lot of cravings, but have not caved yet. I see a lot of recipes that are substitutes for the real tasty carb crap foods, but am unsure how much I should indulge when just starting out! I don't want to sabotage myself!

Deciduous
Thu, Nov-17-11, 13:00
I'm new too, welcome!

aj_cohn
Thu, Nov-17-11, 17:17
I see a lot of recipes that are substitutes for the real tasty carb crap foods, but am unsure how much I should indulge when just starting out!

I try not to replicate the types of carbage I used to eat. That tells my subconscious that I'm eating entirely differently now. But if after 1 month, the transition to a new WOE is too daunting, then by all means, make healthy versions of your old crap for a bit.