PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to start with Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bigjane
Sat, May-04-02, 16:50
Hi
My name is Jane and I am here looking for help to lose weithg. I was on the Dr Atkins about a year ago and lost 30 pounds in 18 weeks. I have been on and off it many times since and just can't seem to stick with it. I feel determinied this time. I have since gained that and more back. I am 42 years old and would like to get any help I can from everyone. Please help me.

Jane

alto
Sat, May-04-02, 18:08
Hi, Jane! Welcome :wave:

A lot of us have been in your situation -- off again/on again dieters. I'm sure you know that the most important thing is YOUR COMMITMENT. We can cheer for you, and give you tips, but you're the one who has to do it :)

A couple of suggestions. Why not make a list of the things that went well on your previous attempts and the things that went wrong. Then emphasize the things that went well -- drinking water, meal planning, whatever -- and take a hard look at the things that didn't -- never got breakfast down, etc. (just examples).

Second, you might want to look at the link at your right -- Which low carb plan is right for me? If you found Atkins too restrictive, say, perhaps one of the other plans might be a better fit.

Third, get prepped, get psyched. Read the book again. Check out the links here on the Newbies Questions thread -- Karen has put together a list of links that answer a lot of questions that people have. Maybe you got headaches -- there's a way to fix that. Had a problem with a particular meal? Check our recipes, read people's journals, get some ideas.

There are a lot of resources here, and a very supportive group of people who want you to succeed. Good luck! Post often and let us know how you're doing.

Now, go do it :D

msjames
Mon, May-06-02, 08:01
Hello Jane and welcome back to low carbing. You did it once so you can do it again. Just continue to be positive and hang in there. Before you know it, you will be at your goal. Good luck.